› the girl who hated june. danielle marsh ‹

> warning : blood and curses.
> angst and fluff
> plot; she hated june for its bright and warm days. she hated june for its gentle breeze. she hated june for its sweet scents. she hated june because it was a reminder of her heartbreak. she hated june because it had taken her love away.

- 💌 -

- y/n pov -

"what the actual fuck? i got my period!" i grunted in annoyance and glanced down at my pants, which were now stained with my period blood.

"well, look at me starting june with a splash." i rolled my eyes before starting to clean up my mess.

"this is just great, isn't it? starting off the month with bloody underwear and a stained mattress. what a wonderful way to celebrate the dawn of the season of love!" i said with a heavy sarcastic tone as i continued to clean my mess.

"oh, shut up will ya? it's not even 8 in the morning and you keep jabberin on like some grouchy grandma." my sister, haewon yelled from outside my room.

"says the one who can't go a day without causing drama just because someone so much as breathes in her direction. if anyone needs to shut up, it's you." i shot back at my sister, knowing full well that she would blow up at me in response.

but truth be told, i didn't even care that much. my day was ruined the minute i got my period, so i might as well ruin hers too.

i changed into some clean clothes and headed toward the kitchen to grab a bite to eat.

as i entered the kitchen, i was faced with the sight of haewon, our mother, and our father all sitting at the table together.

"what took you so long?" haewon asked, before rolling her eyes and sighing heavily. "you're always late for breakfast."

i ignored her, helping myself to a plate of food from the counter. as i sat down at the table, i just kept my head low and continued to eat, not wanting to engage in another argument with my sister.

but my plan was quickly ruined when our mother looked up at me and asked, "are you okay, y/n? you're awfully quiet this morning."

"yeah, i'm fine." i replied quickly, wanting to avoid her attention.

but before i could go back to eating my breakfast in silence, haewon piped up from across the table, shouting, "no, she's not fine! she's on her period and can't stop being dramatic about it!"

i groaned to myself — of course my sister had to share that embarrassing information, despite the fact that i'd kept it a secret from everyone else in the house.

"well, looks like haewon decided to out me to everyone." i scoffed and continued eating, trying to ignore everyone's stares.

"is that true, y/n?" our mother asked, looking up from her plate with concern.

"yeah, i got my period today," i replied quietly.

there was an awkward silence at the table before our father spoke up, "so?"

"seriously?" i scoffed through gritted teeth, setting down my fork. "that's all you have to say about it, huh? 'so?' are you kidding me?"

i was getting really annoyed at my father's nonchalant attitude, but i didn't feel like starting an argument first thing in the morning. so i just took a deep breath and tried to focus on my food again, ignoring everyone else at the table.

but it was hard to do that when haewon was sitting right across from me, staring up at me with a smug smile on her face.

"oh, did you forget that y/n hates june?" haewon said with a mischievous giggle, breaking the silence that had fallen over the table since i'd announced my period.