› roommate. kim minji ‹

> warning : slight curses?
> fluff and angst?
> idk it's just came up to my mind
> plot; minji didn't like physical touch. but what if her roommate can't sleep without anyone?

- 💌 -

- third person pov -

minji was excited to leave her parents' house and move to college. she was excited to experience the freedom of living on her own, and to start her next chapter in adulthood.

however, the idea of sharing a room with a stranger made her nervous; she was an introvert and wasn't used to being around people for long periods of time, especially people she didn't know. but she knew that she had to get out of her comfort zone if she wanted to grow and become an independent individual.

minji eventually arrived at her dorm and was greeted by her roommate, y/n, who had arrived a bit earlier than her.

y/n looked shy and had trouble making eye contact with minji. as minji entered the room, she felt slightly awkward and unsure how to greet her new roommate.

minji was used to her own space, and the thought of sharing a dorm with a stranger made her feel nervous. she hoped that she and y/n could get along, and that her shyness wouldn't cause too much trouble.

it was now night time. minji was in her room for the night, feeling a bit lonely. she hadn't really talked much with her roommate, y/n, who was also an introverted person.

"this is boring," minji muttered, before closing her eyes and slowly drifting off to sleep.

- timeskip -

minji heard her door open, and when she rubbed her eyes and looked up, she saw her roommate, y/n, standing at the door while hugging a little teddy bear.

it makes minji surprised to see y/n in her room. y/n didn't say anything, but just stood there with the teddy bear, as if it was comforting her.

"i c-can't sleep," y/n said, hugging the teddy bear in her arms tightly. "can i...," she paused, biting her lower lips as she felt embarrassed to say what she wanted to. "umm...," she started again, but was still unsure of what to say.

"you can't sleep? well, i can," minji said nonchalantly, as she lay her head on the soft pillow and closed her eyes to sleep. "goodnight," she said to her roommate y/n, hoping that would be the end of the interaction.

however, minji didn't expect what would happen next. instead of hearing the door close, she heard a sob. minji opened her eyes and looked over to see y/n standing in front of her, sobbing.

"why are you crying in the middle of the night? stop it," minji asked with a bit of annoyance in her voice, frustrated that y/n was making a fuss at night.

"i-i can't sleep without anyone by my side!" y/n finally declared, as she wipes away her tears and looks towards minji. "c-can i sleep with you?" she asks while looking at minji with puppy eyes, as if she was scared that minji would say no.

"fine," minji said reluctantly, as she turned over on her side and made room for y/n.

y/n then climbed into the bed, still clinging to her teddy bear. minji was a bit hesitant, hoping that she wouldn't regret her decision. but she was also glad that y/n seemed a bit happier now.

y/n eventually had fallen asleep, tucked safely in minji's arms, as if y/n was trying to make up for the time she spent crying - y/n had made it clear that she couldn't sleep without someone next to her, and now minji was that someone.