› heartstruck. hanni pham ‹

> warning : nothing ig?
> fluff and angst
> me when ??
> plot; y/n is under the impression that she wasn't made for love, but all that changes when the charming and charismatic hanni enters her life.

- 💌 -

- third person pov -

y/n put on her headphones and turned up the volume to block out the shouts and arguments from her parents' heated fight. she sank deep into the music, letting it drown out the noise, as she silently wished for some escape from the constant tensions of home.

"when will they stop arguing? i'm so tired of it all." y/n muttered, frustration filled in her voice as she flipped to a new page in her math textbook, hoping for a distraction from the ongoing conflict in her household.

however, tears began to well in y/n's eyes as she came to the realization that she would never experience a normal household with her parents constantly fighting and other issues. a deep sense of despair washed over her as she came to terms with the reality she faced every day.

y/n was left feeling isolated and alone, with no friends or romantic interests. her only focus was herself and she struggled to cope with the loneliness and the pressure of being the only one she could rely on.

y/n reflects on the question of whether or not she was made for love. she doubts whether she deserves any sort of love, romantic or otherwise, and feels she has been forsaken, left to fend for herself. her loneliness and sense of isolation only heighten her feelings of inadequacy.

- timeskip -

each day felt like a repeat of the last for y/n since she arrived at this school. she would plug in her earphones and rest her head on the table for a moment of peace and quiet. she had grown so accustomed to the monotony of her routine that she didn't bother to look up, even when she felt a pair of eyes watching her.

y/n was startled when she suddenly felt a tap on her shoulder. she lifted her head in surprise and looked over to see who was interrupting her peaceful moment. to her surprise, she saw hanni in the chair next to her, looking at her with concern on her face. y/n was taken aback by this unexpected interaction and quickly pulled out her earphones, wondering what hanni wanted.

hanni noticed y/n's puzzlement and quickly said, "you looked so still, i thought something was wrong. but i see you were just taking a break. i wanted to make sure you were okay."

y/n was taken aback by hanni's concern. she was so used to being alone that she wasn't sure how to react to such kindness. but she managed to sputter, "um, yes, i'm fine. just needed a moment to myself."

hanni nodded her head and smiled. "no problem," she said with a soft tone. "i totally understand. actually, i think i need a break too. mind if I join you for a moment?"

y/n didn't feel the need to refuse and welcomed hanni's company as she sank back into her chair – the pair sat in comfortable silence for a moment, before hanni looked over at y/n and said, "you have beautiful eyes."

y/n felt her face flush, caught off guard by hanni's unexpected compliment. but before she had the chance to respond, hanni spoke up again. "i've noticed you a few times in the cafeteria and in class. but we've never officially met. my name is hanni, what's your name?"

y/n looked over at hanni, and her heart racing as she introduced herself. "i'm y/n. it's n-nice to meet you."

hanni smiled and said, "it's nice to meet you too, y/n."