› trapped. kang haerin ‹

> warning : slight curses, violence, and blood.
> angst.
> newjeans are 17 years old here.
> horror oneshot???
> inspired by dread out ( ira is so fine. girlie makes me giggling and kicking my feet 🤭 )
> plot; y/n and her friends planned to go to a haunted school in a place that has been abandoned for a long time because they intend to see supernatural beings. what will happen after that?

- 💌 -

- third person pov -

*heavy rains*

the rough fight between y/n's mother and father was listened to by y/n in her small bedroom. oh my, she was tired of the rough fights she heard over and over again.

y/n's facial expression remained blank. however, her tears flowed and her chest hurt as if someone was tightly gripping her heart. it hurts her heart to hear her parents argue every day - y/n will be blamed for being born. always. even though it was actually his fault - he should have thought before ejaculating on his wife.

"I SHOULD'VE KILLED HER!"

it hurts when she heard her father says that. she couldn't feel her father's love since childhood. she gets rebuffed every time she tried to come close to her father.

"IT'S YOUR FAULT!"

her mother always defends y/n. yet, she was too afraid that y/n would end up becoming like her husband. with that, she constantly pushes y/n forward, forcing her to be a successful little girl - otherwise, y/n will be insulted and her mother has sworn to her that she will be like her father if she kept failing her exams.

too much pressure for a seventeen years old girl who deserves to be happy.

y/n eventually close her eyes to sleep, covering her ears with pillows, hoping she would be asleep now so she won't get to school late tomorrow.

- timeskip -

"hey y/n! there you are!" one of y/n's friends welcomed her as soon as she noticed y/n.

haerin. kang haerin is her name.

haerin was always been a bubbly girl every time she was with y/n. well, what do you expect? they have been friends for a long time. and also! this is because she likes y/n. haerin even tried her best to make y/n like her back until their friends liked to ship the two of them. it's too bad y/n didn't point out something obvious, even once. y/n is kind of dense.

y/n's hand was slowly and gently held tightly by haerin. then, she was brought close to her friends; they were playing.

"haerin really likes you, huh??" hanni teased. she intended to see if y/n's facial reaction changed or not - her face only remained blank like a robot.

"damn, bro who hurt you?"

"i need to study. i'm going to the class. see you later" y/n casually wandered away from them and made her way to the classroom. y/n never told anyone about the problems she was facing. the problem that makes her act like that. quite tragic but that's the truth. she is just afraid of being judged by them and other students.

"she's really mysterious" hyein muttered under her breath. "i wonder why she acts like that..."

"yeah, she's quieter than haerin" minji chuckled.