› safe. lee hyein ‹

> warning : violence, blood, and curses.
> angst and fluff?
> inspired by sweet home
> y/n as lee siblings (eunhyuk n eunyoo)
> plot; what if the person hyein thought was arrogant and scary came to save her when she was about to be killed by a monster?

- 💌 -

- hyein pov -

i stepped inside the old apartment after a rough day at school. i was greeted by some of the aunty and uncle i know, then i walk to my apartment.

when i went up the stairs, i ran into a teenage girl who i think was 3 years older than me, i think her name is y/n. lee y/n. we rarely interact so i don't know much about her.

she was listening to music using her white headphones. her arrogant and scary face never left her face. does she have her period every day? i couldn't tell.

i just smile at her because i don't wanna be rude. she ended up looking away without smiling after glancing at me for one second.

she and her twin are the same. both rude.

but pretty.

- timeskip -

i was playing a video game on my phone while waiting for my parents to come home. it's been 5 hours. they haven't arrived yet!

then, i heard something noisy from outside. and at the same time, my parents called me.

i accept the call while walking to the window, seeing around the apartment has been destroyed by strange creatures. they look like monsters.

"HYEIN! STAY INSIDE AND NEVER GO OUTSIDE!"

"m-mother!"

"AH HONEY THE MONSTER BITE ME!- IT BITE ME TOO!"

"mother! father!" my eyes get watery as my throat lumped so it was difficult for me to scream.

"HYEIN. WE LOVE YOU. TAKE CARE, SWEE- AAAH- HONEY!---"

the call ended just like that. i dropped my phone and cried loudly. it got my parents. now i have no one.

suddenly, i heard an angry knock on the door. who the hell is knocking on my door at this time?!

i go peeked over the peephole and wide my eyes. the woman look so sick. she was a monster, for sure.

"let me in..." she mutters.

i quickly take the knife in my kitchen and aim at the door. the woman knocks her head on the door till her head bleeds. my door almost broke. ugh. why would i live in this old apartment?

the door broke and the woman burst into my house in an attempt to attack me. she runs too fast as she pins me to the wall. i stab her while closing my eyes.

i opened my eyes and look at her; she was still alive even though the knife was stuck in her neck. i kick her away using my leg and run to the stairs.

she was running after me. oh god please send someone to help me! i don't wanna die yet!

and at this time my foot unexpectedly tripped and made me fall on the floor. i look at the woman who was running to me. i couldn't do anything so i close my eyes.

guess this is where my life ends.

eh? i don't feel anything.

"huh...?" i slowly open my eyes and saw the same girl whom i thought was arrogant and scary was protecting me; the monster woman already dead on the floor. her blood was on her knife.