› the missing cat. lee hyein ‹

> warning : nothing
> fluff
> I NEED CATS.
> plot; hyein found a lost cat, only to discover that it belonged to her crush.

- 💌 -

- hyein pov -

"God, i'm so tired," i whimpered. i'd just returned home from school. it had been a laborious day, in truth.

as i reached for my apartment doorhandle, i heard a faint meow from behind me. i glanced back to discover a cat staring up at me, clearly needing a home and some affection.

"aww, you poor thing!" i reached down to pick up the cat, expecting to be met with the typical feral cat response of hissing and claws. but instead, he meowed happily and rubbed himself against my legs.

i smiled and carried the cat into my apartment and knew i had to keep him.

- timeskip • next day -

"he's the cutest cat ever!" i proclaimed, beaming with pride as i showed off the cat i found yesterday to my friends; minji, hanni, danielle, and haerin. they cooed over the fluffy creature and were quickly won over by his adorable, playful antics.

as we settled in to play with the cat, haerin looked at me in awe.

"i never thought i'd see you as a cat lover," she said, amused.

i couldn't help but laugh back at her. "hey, i didn't know i loved cats either."

before long, we were all playing with the cat, lost in a world of purrs and kitten kisses.

hours passed and the sun began to set, but none of us wanted to part with the fun we were having. haerin glanced at the clock, noticing how late it had become.

"guys, we should probably get going," she said sheepishly. "it's getting late..."

minji and hanni reluctantly agreed and gathered their things, but danielle and i stayed seated, reluctant to stop playing with the kitten.

"definitely," minji said with a smile. "we wouldn't want our parents to get mad at us for staying out too long."

hanni shook her head and laughed as well. "my mom is super strict. if she knew i came home late, she'd probably whoop my ass."

everyone shared a giggle and, after gathering their things, slowly headed out to head home, leaving me behind to continue playing with the cat.

- timeskip • one weeks later -

i stepped my both feet into the classroom and found that none of my friends were there yet. so i took my seat in the back row and waited for the others to arrive.

as i waited, i leaned forward and put my head down on the table. i sighed softly, thinking about the cat. it made me miss him already.

then, i heard some of my classmates talk about math homework, and i sat up quickly and widened my eyes in shock.

oh no, i completely forgot to do my math homework! i was so distracted playing with the cat last night that i didn't have a chance to do it before coming to school!

i looked around and saw y/n sitting at her seat, and my heart fluttered with excitement. y/n was my crush, and i was so lucky to have her in all my classes. she was smart. especially with math subject. everyone would ask her to teach them until they understand.

but now that i had forgotten my homework, how could i talk to her? to ask her that i need to copy her homework?

i hope she didn't beat me up.