› hatred and love. daerin ‹

> warning : nothing.
> angst and fluff
> enemies to lovers ?
> plot; haerin didn't like danielle at first, and they didn't see each other in a long time. then after 10 years, they met again at university and became friends but it took them a while to realize they didn't like each other when they were little.
> requested by GH00ssT here ya go, bae. sorry if this is not what you expected.

- 💌 -

- third person pov -

the 5 years old haerin keeps herself quiet as she is, swinging her small body on the swing while staring at the other kids playing around with their friends.

one of the two teachers who were assigned to watch the children noticed that only haerin was playing in the swing alone. she walks to her and asks her why don't play with the kids, only to receive nothing. the teacher ended up giving her some space alone.

"i hate danielle..." she mutters under her breath so that no one can hear. she lifts her chin and stares at danielle who were playing with the kids. "too loud..."

yes, haerin has always hated danielle. it was impossible to hate the sunshine girl. yet, haerin, as the introverted and quiet person she was; hated loud noises.

oh, she wishes the world was quiet like how quiet she was.

- timeskip -

"hi! what's your name?" danielle sits beside haerin with a big smile on her face.

haerin grunts quietly. she hates it when danielle comes to her when she got no friends. she knew danielle would talk nonstop and it bothers her.

"haerin" haerin speaks out, uninterested.

"that was a cute name!" danielle give her a compliment. haerin doesn't reply and looks at the surrounding around her without looking at the girl beside her.

"i got to go" haerin left before danielle could say goodbye and give her a peck on her cheek. pity her.

days passed and years fly so fast, haerin and danielle were already 20 years old. but, they did not grow up together; haerin moved to another place.

however, they managed to get into their dream university and found each other, again.

it's a bit strange that haerin wants to be friends with danielle who she used to hate because she was too noisy. now, she always listens to danielle's long stories and treats her well. better than before.

"hey haerin" danielle called her as she sits beside haerin. "i have a question"

"what is it?" haerin tilts her head to the side as she looks at danielle, ready to pay attention to her.

"didn't you used to hate me?"

haerin wide her eyes; not too wide. her eyes went wide a little bit as she bites her lower lips and avoid danielle's stare.

"i'm sorry" haerin apologize. "i hate you because you're too loud. such a dumb reason but i'm sorry, danielle"

"no, it's okay. i understand you, haerin" danielle smiled, even though it hurt for her to discover that her close friend used to hate her when they were little. she holds haerin's hands and began to speak again; "guess i'm too annoying when i was a kid!"

a melodious laugh echoes in haerin's ears. haerin could only smile seeing danielle laughing in front of her. she felt bad for hating her when she was a kid.