› am i enough for you?. kang haerin ‹

> warning : nothing.
> idk
> fluff and angst maybe
> plot; y/n was never feel enough.

- 💌 -

- third person pov -

haerin walked up to her girlfriend on the rooftop with two buns and two strawberry milks - she knew that her girlfriend didn't always eat during break, and she wanted to make sure she had something to eat.

"hey, babe," haerin said as she came up to her girlfriend, holding out the buns and milk. "i got you some food. you always forget to eat during break."

her girlfriend, y/n took the buns and milk, but didn't say anything. she just took them and continued to stare off into the distance, focusing on her cigarette.

haerin knew her girlfriend could be quiet sometimes, but she didn't expect this.

"hey, babe," haerin said again, this time with more concern in her voice. "is everything okay?"

haerin moved closer to her girlfriend, putting her hand on y/n's shoulder. "hey, darling," she said, trying to get y/n's attention. "can you look at me for a second?"

y/n didn't respond, but haerin could see that there were tears forming in her eyes. she knew something was wrong, and she was worried.

"hey, y/n, please. talk to me. please tell me what's wrong. i can help you if you just tell me." haerin gently took y/n's hand and led her to a nearby bench.

haerin sat y/n down and sat next to her, putting her arm around her. "hey, y/n," haerin said. "i know you don't like to talk about your feelings sometimes, but you have to talk to me. i need to know what's going on. is it school? is it your family? or is it something else?"

y/n remained silent, but the tears were still falling from her eyes.

"y/n, please. i'm here for you. whatever it is, we can figure it out together, okay?" haerin said, trying to get y/n to open up.

y/n finally looked at haerin and took a deep breath. "thank you," she murmurs. "i just... i just don't know if i can handle this anymore..."

"handle what?" haerin asked, concern in her voice.

y/n was quiet for a while, before looking up. "why live if i'm not enough for my parents? they never appreciate me."

haerin looked at her, concerned. "hey, i'm sure your parents do appreciate you. they just show it in different ways."

"no." y/n stated. "you don't understand. they never care what i do. they always want more from me. they'll never be satisfied."

haerin put her arm around her girlfriend and held her tight.

y/n leaned against haerin, her head on haerin's shoulder. haerin held her as y/n continued to cry.

"i-i'm so tired," y/n said. "i'm so tired of trying to be the perfect daughter, the perfect student, the perfect person. i'm not perfect, and i can't keep trying to be."

haerin rubbed her back, comforting her. "it's okay, love," she said. "you don't have to try to be perfect. you're already enough. i love you for who you are."

y/n sniffled and wiped her eyes. "but... i don't feel like enough," she said. "i wish i could be what they want me to be."

haerin kissed y/n's forehead. "you don't have to be what they want," she said. "you only have to be you. and i love you just the way you are. you don't have to change."