3 ~ The Playful Ritual

700 votes quick ♥️

Aishwarya POV

"Uhmm,"

I heard him clearing his throat.

I immediately pulled my veil low to cover my face and turned a little.

Hearing his footsteps approaching me slowly felt like suddenly the time was slowing down. No one was around. I was alone and there was a fear that was bubbling up in me that if he would talk, I would have to talk too. And, what would I say?

He stopped in front of me and I could feel as if suddenly the space was decreasing, like him standing in front of me was making me feel sweaty in my palms and a dryness in my throat.

"Darassal, vivah ke pashchat, muh dikhayi par patni ko kuch dena hota hai,"

"Actually, after the wedding, the husband is meant to give something to the wife,"

He said in a slow voice and I felt a shiver running down my spine with his morning voice. It felt deep and hot. I blinked and through my veil, I could see him forwarding his hand holding a ring in it.

My heartbeats raced and my fingers started shaking a little.

A ring for me?

But despite feeling so nervous I courageously forwarded my hand with my palm above and he handed me the ring.

"Thank you,"

I managed to say and he just stayed silent.

I slipped the ring inside my ring finger with my slightly shaky hands removing the extra one from my hand while all the time he was watching my hand.

And, suddenly he said.

"You should have called the attendees to help you get ready,"

I gulped and blinked nervously.

How could I tell him that all my life I had spent time making my sisters get ready like an attendee? Getting ready with the help of attendees does not make me comfortable.

I stayed silent for some moments to figure out what should I say and then tried to say.

"I did not want to disturb anyone this early morning,"

He took a step closer.

"Oh,"

I abruptly took a step back and he suddenly took a step back too.

"Oh, I am sorry, I did not want to startle you, I just... wanted this ring to wear,"

He said after taking a ring from the dressing table.

He was smelling fresh and I could guess that he had also got ready.

I took a step back slowly and lowered my gaze.

"Princess,"

And, suddenly the voice of the attendee caught my attention and I recognized that it belonged to Moni.

"Ji,"

I asked in the slow voice.

"Badi-ma has come to meet you,"

I furrowed my eyebrows a little with the confusion and seeing no response from my side for a few good moments he said.

"Badi-ma is our aunt, a mother figure to us. We should go and meet her to take her blessings,"

I nodded and said to agree.

"Ji,"

I inhaled deeply still feeling nervous and turned on my feet to walk a little behind him with my slow steps. My anklets were too loud and with this much jewellery on my body I was sounding like a moving jeweller.