35 ~ An Invitation from Songarh

1k Votes fastttttt!!!!

Aishwarya POV

"No, I am sorry, but...,"

"Shhhhhh,"

I tried to say but he cut me off very quickly. I felt him slowly bringing his hand out and I blinked nervously looking at him.

His gaze was soft, caring and there was a slight smile on his face. My lashes forced close when I felt him gently pecking my forehead and his hands wrapping around me. My head touched his chest and I could feel his strong and heavy arms around me. Hugging me.

"Sometimes, a simple 'No' is the best answer. It might hurt for a moment but it can save so much pain,"

He said and I inhaled deeply.

A deep regret was bubbling up in me. I had never said 'No' to anyone. I did not like it. In my whole life, I just kept agreeing with everyone. Whatever they say, whatever they ask I could never say 'No'.

But, the one person I did not want to say 'No' felt happy that I said it.

I did not know how to feel about that. There was a whole Storm building in me with what just happened.

I did not know but the moment I felt his fingers close to my hip, I felt slight terror running into my body. For the first time, it did not feel good. But, now it was not feeling bad either. Now, when I remembered.

What was wrong with me?

I shut my eyes tightly close and tried to mutter.

"I am sorry, Hukum,"

I heard him chuckling a little and then placing a short peck on my head.

"I am proud to be the first person who heard a 'No' from your mouth. But, you have to understand not everything is about pleasing people. We all must have some limits, some values and some self made opinions which we should respect and also do not let other people push that. Understand, be it your husband, your father, your sisters or anyone. If your heart does not say 'Yes' with confidence. Just stop there and turn around,"

He said in a slow voice and I just kept hiding my face in his embrace.

I did not understand much of it but all I understood was he was not mad that I stopped him. For the first time in my life someone was not angry that I disagreed, stopped or said 'No'

When my father asked about marriage, I mean, to talk about marriage. Nothing was asked from me. Not even the clothes I would want to wear in my wedding.

If I would ever say 'No' for dinner in my Kingdom, they would not come ask me again. It did not matter to them.

I think 'No' is very small yet so powerful word. Its weight depends on person to person.

Like, a person for whom its weight is negligible would never consider your 'No', it would be a 'Yes' always. No matter how much you scream, no matter how much you try. It's never a 'No' for them.

For some, it's a weightless and simple word. Like my family. It did not ever matter to them if I would want to say a No or Yes. If I would say that I do not like something, my sisters would laugh at me, tell me a hundred things about my taste and eventually I would like that. It's so weightless. Like, it doesn't exist. Like it should not be there.

For some people like Hukum, it's a line. A line that he did not cross. His hand froze the moment I asked him to stop.

I bet if a person like my family would have been in his place. He would say Oh you do not like it. Why don't you like it, you should like it. And there would be a weight on my chest that would make me feel that my 'No' was wrong. And, eventually I will have to like it, like it does not even matter.