5 ~ The First Talk

900 votes fasttt!!!

Aishwarya POV

"Aishwarya,"

He called and I stood frozen in my steps. My heartbeats started to race and I turned to look at him.

With my almost inaudible voice, I managed to speak.

"Ji,"

He stood up from the couch and I blinked nervously.

I saw him coming closer and with every step that he was taking towards me, I was feeling like running.

I did not know what happened while I was changing but it made me feel butterflies in my stomach and I could not help but lower my gaze when he stood in front of me.

I could feel his presence close to me, suddenly warming up my cheeks and I tried to trace my bangles with my fingers out of nervousness.

"Mm, Aishwarya, What happened before... Like,... I did not know that you were there. I did not mean to startle or scare you,"

"It's okay,"

I immediately said and tried to move my gaze anywhere but him.

"I am really sorry,"

He said and I nodded.

"It's okay. I am... I mean, I was not scared,"

Shit!

What the hell was I saying?

"I mean--not like that,"

He smiled a little and I immediately lowered my gaze feeling all flushed.

"Hukum, everyone is waiting for you in the dining hall,"

Suddenly the attendee's voice caught my attention and I abruptly blinked.

"Ji, we are coming,"

He said and I lifted my gaze a little.

I had cooked for everyone and now the thought of him not liking the food was making me worried.

"Shall we?"

He asked gently and I nodded slightly with the timidness and nervousness splashing over me like the hurricane.

Why couldn't I behave normally around him?

"Ji,"

I corrected my dupatta a little and started walking with him. I could see us matching our footsteps, he was slowing down whenever he was finding me staying behind.

I was feeling nervous. While we were walking down the galleries, and the royal gardens, I could feel all the eyes of the attendees, and people roaming around on us even though my gaze was low and was trying to focus on the path.

"This way,"

He said when there were two ways in front of us. He guided me to the dining hall and the moment we were climbing the stairs to step up and walk, I was feeling like shaking.

I stepped inside with him, my fingers were trembling and fisting on my skirt. I could feel all the eyes on me. What would they be thinking? I was sure that they did not like me at all. I was nothing in front of him.

They must be making fun of me.

I gulped and blinked nervously.

And, suddenly, I felt him touching my hand and I shivered insanely.

I lifted my gaze abruptly to see that people might have noticed.

The touch was soft and warm yet so electrifying. His fingers gently moved across from the back of my hand towards the palm, trying to undo my fist and hold my hand.