Chapter 1 | Fear And Anxiety

Bryan's POV

I don't know how much time passed before I regained feeling in my body.

A lot of time must have passed because when everything happened the sun was only starting to set, but when I was able to open my eyes, the sun was gone and it was only stars in the sky.

There was still not much feeling in my body, but I was able to feel that I was laying on a soft bed and there were chains on my wrists that must have been connected to something on the side of the bed or the floor.

I had enough strength to move my head so I tried to look around the dark room I was in.

The room was hard to see in due to it being dark inside and outside, the most light I had was from my wings which started to glow likely because when I passed out, my body activated my fight or flight.

(This photo is a template of the room, a better one will be made in the future)

There was still nothing I noticed that stuck out to me, so I tried to look outside and finally, my eyes landed on something familiar that caused me to panic on the inside.

It was a sign that sat across from one of the buildings owned by the Anubis mafia.

The only reason I knew that was because when I came into town for a work trip, they were the reason I always had to leave the building with security escorting me all the way to my hotel.

All I could do in the moment was try to move closer to the window so I could either open it or break it so I could get out, but my body wouldn't move.

'How strong was the stuff they used on me?'

I kept trying to move, getting nowhere, until I heard 3 people walking towards the room.

One of them was clearly angry as I heard his roaring voice coming closer, he must have been yelling at the other 2 because they just kept apologizing and explaining that they didn't know what to do.

I kept listening to where they were going and eventually, I realized that they were walking towards the room I was in.

Now panicking, I closed my eyes knowing well how I slept if I was knocked out, and hoped they wouldn't do anything to me.

They walked in shortly after I closed my eyes and I could fully hear what they were talking about.

"Of all the people who were there, YOU HAD TO TAKE THE ONLY ANGEL THERE!?!"

"Apologies, boss, we didn't want to risk getting arrested because the angel reported us"

"Well, congratulations, you just cost us a quick job because his family probably reported him missing, that city will have a city wide man hunt until he is found and we can't give him back easily"

"What are you going to do about him, boss? He could always be a good addition to your staff"

"I'm not sure yet, my father gets home from his trip with my mother in a few days, until then, he will be staying in here with those chains on until it's fully decided what to do with him"

"What will you do once your father gets back?"

"My father was one of the first ones to break the angel rules when they were first put in place, he'll know what to do with him"

It seemed like he was going to say something else, but he quickly went silent and I heard him approach the bed.

"Do either of you know what's wrong with his wings?"

"No, sir, they were like that when we got to him, a couple of the grunts who were in the car with him were commenting on it, they couldn't tell if it was a birth defect on him or an injury"

"If they are similar to the wings of other hybrids, this can only be from an injury, then the question goes to how old is the injury"

"Would you like one of us to check later?"

"No, I'll call my doctor in the morning and see if he'd be able to check, if this is a recent injury then we can't risk it being present if he gets out because then it would be worse on us"

"Understood, boss, will that interrupt you being able to come into the main office tomorrow? Because if it will, I'll let the rest of the team know that Magnus will be in charge until you enter the building tomorrow"

"It likely will, I don't trust this one to be alone unchained if he's fearful, rarely anyone knows what angels are capable of anymore and there is a good chance we'll need to unchain him so he can be examined tomorrow"

"Understood, boss"

"You know, its such a shame someone as beautiful as him ended up here, he could have been such a treasure to someone else"

As he said that, he put the back of his hand against my cheek which I could tell made me flinch, he clearly noticed it because once he removed his hand, he let out a short chuckle.

All 3 left soon after and I opened my eyes again.

I knew my wings were partially injured, they've been like that since I was young.

They planned to have someone look at my wings and I wanted nothing to do with that, they had no reason why they needed to know about them.

As the anxiety and fear that I had regarding my wings started to lower as I started to get sleepy, I realized that I probably still had a lot of the drugs they used in my system since I could barley think of anything other than what just happened.

I spent what felt like the next few hours trying to think of anything else, but I instead ended up falling asleep.

The Next Morning

I woke up the next morning and noticed an alarm clock next to the bed and quickly checked the time to make sure its early enough to find a way to escape.

It was 5:00 in the morning exactly so I had plenty time to plan since I didn't hear anyone in the hallways yet.

The room was relatively large, but I still had the chains on my wrists so I couldn't move around the entire room, the only area I could move was from a small track in the middle of the room that went from the bed to 2 other rooms which I realized was the bathroom and closet.

Both rooms had easy places to hide, but I decided to hide in the closet because I found a small crawl space that I could get to, the only downside was that the chains would give me away so I decided that would be a backup spot if someone came before I could hide.

There weren't any other spots to hide so I was going to reconsider, until I took another look at a small slot in the table in the middle of the closet.

It had something to take off the chains so I'd be able to change, only down side was it would lock the door.

I thought it over a bit, and realized that taking off the chains, locking the door, and hiding in the crawl space might be the best bet since if they didn't find me, they may leave the door open and unlocked and I can escape once they leave the room.

So I just got into the crawl space and tried to look for a way out with it, but there wasn't one, so I stayed on the side farthest away from the room, and decided to take a nap since I didn't get a lot of sleep.