Chapter 79 | Go Away

Bryan's POV

After about a week of making sure our security around the premotor of the house was much better, I finally felt comfortable enough to not constantly be on edge.

Since I had been working hard at work and at home to make sure everything was ok, Inpu decided to give us a night to ourselves and planned for the kids to hang out at their friend's houses for the night.

We didn't do much, we just had dinner followed by the two of us making love.

I didn't really think much about what was going on outside, why would I?

That was until around midnight when I was awoken to a knock on the front door.

Being exhausted and not wanting to get up, I took a look at Inpu.

He was still out cold, so I just put on a robe, made sure nothing was showing, and went to see who was at the door.

Once I was next to the door, something inside me just told me to put the chain on before I opened it, so I did.

As I opened the door, I noticed Jakey was standing at the door, so I went to close the door before he put his arm between the door and the wall.

"Can we please just talk?"

"I'm not doing this at midnight, if you want to talk to me, you need to do it when my husband is awake and we're in his office, otherwise I don't feel comfortable talking to you alone"

"Why not, love? After all, you did dress for me"

"I didn't dress for you, I'm dressed for my husband, big difference"

"He isn't really your husband, be honest, you're only with him for the money"

"No I'm not, I make about the same amount as him, only difference is I get paid legally, what makes you think that I'm with him for the money? You know how successful I am since I dated you for two months when I got successful"

"Well I will at least treat you much better than he ever could, what makes you think about giving that up?"

"The fact you used to throw me around like some toy then when I gave you a second chance you did the exact same thing to my kids, so I mean it, take whatever you placed around my property and go"

"And what makes you think you can talk to me this way, only thing keeping you safe right now is that damn door chain, open the door all the way and lets just see how long you can manage"

The second the words left his mouth, I felt a hand placed on my shoulder where Jakey wouldn't see because of the door.

Inpu gave me a tired look that just said go to our room while he dealt with it, so I did.

As I started to head back upstairs, I heard a lot of yelling start and I began to grow fearful about Inpu's safety, but I knew not to get involved.

I just laid in bed, waiting for Inpu to return, when I heard the front door slam shut before hearing footsteps coming closer.

After a bit, Inpu came into the room and just pulled me closer before I could say anything to him.

"Why did you go deal with that alone?"

"You were asleep and I didn't want to wake you, I thought it would be nothing"

"Next time, I don't care how tired I may seen, wake me up, you have next to no stamina right now and are in a potentially compromised state, had he gotten inside you could've been in a worse situation"

"I'm sorry, I just thought it wasn't something dangerous because he was able to pass the guards no problem, so I thought nothing of it"

"Yeah, well turns out he told the guards he was a worker for another mafia, I told them to do a full check of cars and who's inside from now on unless we say otherwise"

"At least that part has been solved"

"I'm giving you one chance to tell me the truth with this, purely because of something he said to me while I was getting him to go away, did he ever sleep with you?"

"Not at all, I've never let him see me in anything I'd wear around the house with just you let alone let him sleep with me"

"Then why did he claim that you were sleeping with him behind my back"

"Cause he's crazy, I spoke with him a few times after we broke up the second time, but he said he was interested in another person, so I thought nothing of him for years"

"Exactly what I thought, my guess, he wants me mad at you so you willingly leave me again, but with how well we've been with communication since we connected again, he didn't realize it wouldn't work"

"I'm really sorry this is happening, had I known this would happen years from when we started dating, I wouldn't have even considered him as a possible option"

"You wouldn't have known years ago, and heck, I think you have a pretty good personal body guard"

"Yeah, I guess I did get pretty lucky"

Inpu just gave me a kiss before pulling me closer to him again so I could try and relax.

"Just listen to my heartbeat for a bit, its clear you're on edge, so just take as long as you need and try to relax"

"I'd rather just go back to sleep"

"And while normally I'd let you, I'm not letting you fall asleep scared, I know you will have nightmares if you're scared, I don't want you to have to deal with that"

"I guess you're right, can you at least get me something to drink?"

"Alright, I'll be right back"

Inpu left the room soon after while I just tried to get comfortable.

He came back not long after with a cup of water before cuddling up with me.

We both sat there for a bit, not really saying anything, but all of my guilt continued to rise due to the fact I just felt like it was all my fault.

"Am I a bad person for having this happen?"

"If you're asking if you are the bad person, my answer will always be no, you didn't ask for this, this stuff just started to happen, I wish I could be doing more for you, but right now I can't"

"How did I get so lucky with you?"

"If I knew the real reason, I'd remind you of it every day"

I didn't respond, I just continued to snuggle up with Inpu before I eventually passed out.