Chapter 63 | Father Son Bonding

Inpu's POV

Since I didn't have any more meetings for the week, I decided it would be better to just take off for the rest of the week.

The streets were fairly safe because when I said I'd have my kids over, my men had started to patrol the streets to make sure no one did anything.

We ran out of a few snacks that I thought would last longer, so I sent Crystal to get some more, and she decided to take Artemis, Lotus, and Femi with her since they each had snack requests.

Atlas wasn't willing to go since he already hid the snacks he knew he'd eat during the week, so he was hanging out with me while I was watching tv.

He wasn't doing much, just playing a game on his phone, so I was trying to think about what we could do while we waited for the others to get back.

I was just channel surfing until I could find something to stick with since nothing was really on.

Eventually I got to a sports channels and started to just look at scores before going to the next, but that was when I noticed Atlas began glancing over.

"Can you go back a channel? I just want to see what teams it was"

"Alright, if you don't mind me asking, what makes you interested?"

"I don't follow any teams, but I like watching the game"

"You're on a team, right?"

"Yup, our high school team needed an extra player, so I originally joined to fill a spot, but I ended up liking it a lot"

"So let me guess, you usually play when you have nothing to do"

"Well, normally yes, but when I went to look around town earlier, I couldn't find anywhere to play, so I've been playing online basketball games so I can still feel like I'm playing"

"I'm guessing you could go for a good game then?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Follow me, I want to show you something"

I took Atlas up the elevator to the roof where I had a small basketball court since Magnus and I used to play after I moved into the apartment, but now I was just excited to use it with Atlas.

He just ran over to the hoop to take a good look at it since he didn't believe what he was seeing.

As he was just looking around, which gave me a chance to grab a ball and throw it at him.

"Hey, what was that for?"

"Do you want to play or not?"

"Papa says I'm not allowed to play if I'm this close to the apartment, he didn't want me breaking anything"

"Well Bryan isn't here, now is he?"

"You have a point, but what if we break something?"

"We won't, Magnus and I used to play up here when we had nothing to do, you'll be find"

Atlas just looked at the ball and threw it in the hoop from where he was standing, so I knew he was in.

We ended up playing for a few hours until the sun began to set and we went back inside where we found the others sitting around the table.

"Where were you guys, we've been waiting for either of you to show up for around an hour"

"I had to beat dad in a game of basketball"

"Oh, how much did you beat him by"

"He beat me like 35-11, I was surprised with how much he beat me by"

"Yeah, he does that"

"I need to get some stuff done, can one of you get me when the maids say dinner is ready?"

"Alright, one of us will do it"

I went into my office not long after since I had something planned for after Bryan got back.

Once I sat down at my desk and opened my computer, I started to look at a few different houses for sale.

For the past few weeks, I had been trying to get another house since Bryan didn't feel comfortable in the apartment, but I wasn't finding anything I liked.

Hours began to pass and I wasn't sure about what to do because I wanted to get a new place by the end of the month.

The kids all came in after a while and after they quickly tried to get my attention, they each took a glance at what I was doing.

Crystal ended up leaving and bringing back my food since she realized I likely wasn't going to move from my spot.

Each of them left the room not long after, so I went back to just looking without any distractions.

What I thought was only a few minutes ended up being a few hours, which I failed to realize until someone came into my office again.

I looked up and noticed Atlas coming into my room, which worried me a bit since he was usually the first one to fall asleep.

"Hey, is something wrong?"

"Can I hang in here for a bit, I don't like storms"

"I thought any of the others would be scared of storms, may I ask why you're scared of them?"

"The night Artemis was born, the person who shot papa was standing in front of me because he tried to grab me, then he shot papa in front of me at the same time we heard thunder"

"So its a trauma response"

"Mhm"

"Alright, you can grab my extra chair and help me with what I'm looking for"

"What are you looking for exactly, I know you were looking at houses, but can I ask why?"

"Bryan doesn't feel safe here, but I want to move back in with him, but due to work and his comfort, I can't, so I'm trying to get a better place for all of us"

"Is there a beach nearby? Because papa does like the beach a lot, its the main reason we got our house"

"There is, but I haven't found anything I think would work over there"

I pulled up a couple of results to let Atlas look since he'd have a better idea on what would be a good place to stay, and he quickly began to scan them.

"How about that one, its got a good beach view and lots of room"

"How have I not seem that one before, I thought I looked at every option already, that one does look like what I keep looking for"

"It probably only went on the market recently"

"Yeah, I think this is the one that'll be our new family home, you think you'd like it?"

"I think so, but I don't like that I'd no longer get to see my friends"

"Let me pull some strings, there is always a chance I can pull something since I know a bunch of your friends parents are Bryan's friends"

"Ok, I'll trust you"

"Good, now lets get you to bed"