Chapter 5 | Breaking And Entering

Bryan's POV

I woke up the next morning and freaked out a little upon seeing where I was.

Inpu's room was about what I expected it to be, but I didn't really pay attention to what was in his room since I just wanted to get into my room and pretend I wasn't in there.

And to think, a week or 2 ago, I'd never want to be in the same room as him, and now I've slept in the same bed as him.

I quickly ran into my room and just sat at the door and blushed into my hands for a good few minutes.

Soon, I heard knocking on my door and I quickly got up and ran to the closet and tried to look like I was choosing an outfit.

"Am I going to have to pick out clothes for you every morning or do you just like the morning attention"

"No, I found an outfit I thought was cute yesterday, I'm just trying to find it"

He laughed and I managed to find an outfit I'd feel comfortable wearing.

I was about to take my shirt off and change, but I quickly turned to Inpu before I did to see if he'd leave.

"If you think I'm going to leave this time, I won't. The surgery you need for your wings involves the nerves in your back, so either way, I'd be helping you change for a bit, so I'm staying in here so you get used to it enough for when you will need help"

He had a point, so I didn't fight it and started to change, but stopped when I noticed a scar I had on my chest was becoming irritated.

Inpu must have noticed when I stopped, because as I was looking in the mirror, he walked up behind me.

"What happened there?"

"My father, it was the one injury I never bothered my mother with"

I just glanced down at the floor, it was just a mark that went from next to my neck to near the bottom of my chest.

It was clear that Inpu could tell it upset me, but he just put his arms around my waist and put his head on my shoulder.

He didn't say anything at first, just kept kissing the mark gently, but they soon went from soft kisses, to small bites.

I let out small, soft moans as Inpu soon moved from my upper chest to my neck.

After a couple minutes, Inpu grabbed my shirt and put it on me, making sure to be careful of my wings, before either of us spoke.

"To me, it doesn't matter where your injuries come from, as long as they're on you, they're beautiful"

A few more minutes passed before I turned around, but Inpu wouldn't move or let me pass.

He just stared into my eyes, then after a few minutes, he just kissed me.

We stayed like that for a few minutes before we both backed up to breathe.

"Sorry, I don't know what came over me"

"No, you're ok"

Inpu left my room soon after and I just stood there confused for a bit, before I heard the front door open so I decided it would be a good idea to leave my room so I could see who it was.

I decided to wait in the living room since I didn't know who would be coming in.

The news was already on, but I decided it wasn't worth watching since it was always the same here, so I just turned on a random channel and went to drawing some designs.

Something just felt a bit strange, like I was being watched, but I mostly ignored it.

Well, I tried to until the feeling wasn't going away, so I turned around and saw a small puppy just staring at me.

The pup was definitely some kind of mix breed, he had the body shape of a German shepherd with the coloring and coat type of a black lab.

I just stared at the pup for a bit until I heard a voice I didn't recognize.

Shortly after I heard the voice, someone walked into the room.

They were Inpu's height, with purple tips to their ears and tails unlike Inpu's red, and wore a purple crop top and black pants.

We just kinda stared at each other until they spoke.

"Hey, Inpu, there's a stranger in your house"

"Is it an angel?"

"Yeah"

"Don't worry about it, that's Bryan, he's my roommate for the next few months"

"Should I worry about Shade trying to say 'hi' to him?"

"Is he trying to bite him?"

"No"

"Then don't worry about it, they'll both be fine"

They just stared at me as they left, and I quickly realized that the people who came over were likely Inpu's family to talk about mafia stuff, so I just decided to go back to the room.

The puppy, who I now knew was named Shade, followed me the whole way back to my room where we both hung out for the next few hours.

After a few hours, the house went quiet, so I figured Inpu was walking his family out since I knew how he treated guests.

Depending on their standing with him, it would determine how they would leave, and family always seemed to be walked out personally.

I had only seen it twice, one with his sibling before I knew it was his sibling, and his father the same night we made the deal.

I thought nothing of it since it would only be a half hour at most depending on how long they would talk before they actually left.

It was getting pretty late, and I was growing hungry so I started to make my way to the kitchen, but I couldn't help but notice that something was off.

All the maids seemed to be gone, and it was almost too quiet, there wasn't even the sound of foot steps.

The air was so still so as I kept going, I tried to use it to find if anyone was there.

I was about to hit someone in the head with my elbow when they snuck up behind me, but they were faster and quickly over powered me, throwing me to the floor.

Worry filled my eyes and I couldn't even make a noise, the last thing I even remember doing was screaming before I saw the guy look up as he was hit by someone's magic, then I blacked out.