Chapter 95 | Celebration

Bryan's POV

With everything that was going on, I wasn't able to have any of the parties with any of my friends or the kids friends' parents.

It was never anything big when I did have them, I was still hiding from Inpu after all, just a gathering so the kids could play and the adults can converse.

Since everything was pretty much cleared up, I started to plan out a night since we had enough space now.

Crystal was helping me put a few things together, mostly just putting together a few picnic tables cause we couldn't fit everyone inside.

It didn't take super long for to set up, but once we finished, it was super worth it cause it looked amazing so now all we had to do was wait for people to show up.

I was working on making food when Inpu came into the room, but I'm pretty sure he only knew I was there because of the smell though.

"Whatcha making?"

"A handful of things, I have guests coming over, I might as well make sure everyone is fed"

"I still find it insane that you've done all this stuff because you want to have friends over"

"My friends haven't been able to visit since I moved back in with you, so its good for me and the kids to socialize with people we haven't seen in a while"

"Yeah, well had this been a different situation I would've made sure to let you have people over whenever you wanted"

"You still would be constantly checking to make sure I wasn't doing anything"

"What? I wouldn't want anyone messing with the love of my life or vice versa"

"You know I wouldn't let that happen, I'd shut down any ideas like that as fast as I could"

Inpu gave me a quick kiss before we heard the front door open and heard Crystal walk in with her friends.

She just bolted for where we had things set up, but I could tell for once, Inpu was trying to keep a close eye on them.

"What are you thinking about?"

"Trying to figure out what she saw in them to trust them, all of them seem so different, none of them would fully work in an office for that long"

"Because they're field workers"

Inpu's ears perked up and he gave me a confused look.

"Yeah, yeah, I'm learning your terms, but still, she didn't leave them because she thought they were good for the office part of the job, she left them cause she didn't want them hurt"

"I'm still surprised she managed to do it without me finding out, that normally wouldn't happen at all"

"Then may I suggest you check the coat you wear on the field?"

"Why?"

"Just go check"

He walked away to go see what was wrong, and I heard him yell in shock before he ran back.

"Did you put a bug on my coat?"

"What makes you think I did it?"

"You have the closest access to it, so please answer me"

"I didn't do it, I just gave the kids some time to do it themselves"

"Those little brats"

"They know what they did wasn't great, but they still helped you in your time of need"