Chapter 46 | Illness

Inpu's POV

I always knew I grew up in a city that had some pretty bad sicknesses in it, but I would have never expected how bad they could be.

That was until Bryan and Crystal stopped leaving the house everyday which caused them both to get sick with little to no reason for it.

At first, I continued to work as I usually would, but after two days, they weren't improving much, so I decided to stay home to care for them for a few days.

Crystal had just been crying since she had no other way to express that she didn't feel well, so I was dealing with her while Bryan was still asleep even though it was nearly ten o'clock.

I managed to get them each some medicine, but since Crystal was so small, the only way I could get her to take it was if I put it in her formula, which she wasn't taking cause she didn't feel well.

After a bit of fighting, I finally got her to take the medicine, then I figured I'd check on Bryan since I just left him to sleep.

When I got in the room, I could see he was awake but out of it, so I ended up just sitting on the edge of the bed to keep an eye on him.

"Are you going to keep staring at me, or are you going to leave for work soon?"

"I'm not going to work today, your health is more important to me than anything else, I won't go to work until you're feeling better"

"But I thought you had an important meeting today"

"I did, but I mentioned that you were sick and we rescheduled for a later date"

"Don't stop working because of me, I can care for myself"

"Honey, you can barley stand without being in pain from whatever sickness you have, I'm not leaving you alone with Crystal, you both won't do well"

"Have you given her anything or is she still to small to receive anything?"

"The doctor gave me something that should work, I already gave it to her, I just need to figure out what would be better for you"

"Do you already have something or do you need to go buy it?"

"I already have some, I just need to reread what's in it to see if there is anything that could harm you"

"Ugh, there are days I like being an angel hybrid, then there are days I hate it, medicine allergies is one thing that makes me hate it"

"You don't say, I'll go try to figure out if you can take any of the meds we have here to help"

I left Crystal with Bryan since I wouldn't be gone long, then I went to the office where I kept a few different medicines in a locked cabinet in the corner.

Once I had it open, I quickly grabbed a few bottles and started to check what was in each of them.

Every hybrid has some kind of issue that they are prone too, and unfortunately medicine allergies was the most common issue in angels, so I had to be careful with what I grabbed.

After a few minutes of looking, I found one that would work and went back to my husband to hopefully help him feel better.

Once I got back to the room, I quickly gave Bryan the medicine and a glass of water to hopefully help him out a bit, but now it was time to play the waiting game.

We just sat there with Crystal for a few hours since I didn't want either of them to do much, but they eventually started to feel a bit better from what I was observing.

"So I know you know I have medicine allergies because of my hybrid type, but what are yours? I don't think you've told me before"

"Canine hybrids are weird, it mostly depends on genetics, but I can be more prone to hearing loss and vision problems, I have vision issues which is why I wear glasses, but I know other canine hybrids in the mafia who has hearing issues, vision issues, both, or neither"

"I'm guessing it can very depending on multiple things depending on the person"

"Pretty much, but most of them are able to be figured out when canine hybrids are young, and I've done my research and since angels are the same with medicine allergies, I already had Crystal tested when you had to leave her with me while you were at work"

"Oh, and what did that say she was likely to have?"

"Mostly minor sight issues, nothing for allergies and unless she is in a loud area for too long, no hearing issues"

"So she'll be like you I'm assuming"

"Considering she's my child, yeah, so she'll probably start having vision issues before she starts school, nothing bad, just blurred vision"

"That takes more stress off me then you would think, I was so stressed that eventually she'd figure out she had medicine allergies the same way I found out"

"And how did you find out?"

"Got sick one night, took some medicine because I figured it wouldn't be much of an issue, went back to sleep, woke up the next morning in the hospital covered in hives, it sucked because I was the first one in my family to have the issue"

"I thought it was the most common issue?"

"It is, but angels don't normally have any issues because we're known for having great health, however, angels that do have issues usually have medicine allergies, which is why its the most common"

"So there is a good chance any other children we have in the future don't have that issue?"

"Yup"

"Well, no matter what happens to you, Crystal, or any future kids we have, I will always love you"

"I would have never doubted you"

"Good, I'm going to go have one of the maids make you some tea, any kind in particular that you want?"

"I don't care what kind you get me, but can you get me something to eat?"

"What do you want to eat?"

"Just something soft, maybe a yogurt or Jell-O cup" 

"On it, I'll be back in a bit"