Chapter 94 | Why Do This

Bryan's POV

I didn't know what to expect when I walked into the area Inpu kept those he had to question, so my nerves were very high.

No one in that part of the building had ever seen me before, so me holding Inpu's hand while I walked in was shocking for them to say the least.

The entire time I was walking through the hall, I was shaking from what I was hearing the screaming coming from the other rooms, but I was mostly trying to ignore it.

Inpu sent Atlas and Crystal to the room as guards, so when we got there, we could already hear Jakey yelling at them.

We walked into the room and told the kids to leave the room, but that didn't seem to make it any better.

"You know, the least you could do is send him out of the room" [Jakey]

"He is my husband, I don't know if I'll feel safe with him out of the room" [Bryan]

"Still, you said you wanted to speak to me, I assumed it would be alone" [Jakey]

"Knock it off, he said he wasn't comfortable, respect his wishes" [Inpu]

Jakey just stood up and started to yell at Inpu and I realized I wouldn't get anywhere with the two of them in the same room.

"ENOUGH, Inpu, leave the room, if I need you, I'll yell, just wait outside for me" [Bryan]

Inpu didn't respond, he just gave me a kiss on the cheek before he left the room.

We stayed quiet for a few minutes, just staring at each other, but all I felt for him in that moment was hate, he did hurt my family after all.

"You know, you avoided me for years but you still have the beautiful looks all angels tend to have"

"Fuck the sweet talk, why did you do it?"

"Isn't it obvious, you're meant to be mine, you staying with that dog is just a temporary thing"

"I've been married to him for 17 years, you think that is just a temporary thing? I love that man with everything I have, who are you to say what I do in my life?"

"Do you remember what you said to me in high school?"

"Yes, but that was years ago, I was 16, not everything I said back then is meant to stick"

"You said you'd marry me one day, had I not come back, who's to say what you'd be doing right now"

"What I'd be doing right now is what I'm already doing, I have a husband and kids I love, all you are doing is adding extra stress to my family that we don't need"

"I was willing to forgive you for staying with him, I was willing to adopt your kids, but those kids refused to listen to me and once they expressed that to you, you ran back to him"

"All I did was leave you the second time because my kids were being hurt the same way you hurt me in high school, I still was away from Inpu five years after that, you tried to stay in my house and hurt my kids, I wasn't going to let that stand"

"And I'm not going to let you stay with a mafia boss the rest of your life"

"Then what would you do, your roommate is meant to be a mafia boss too, neutral to Inpu's mafia if I remember correctly, you using his men could start something so much worse"

"Your brats can worry about that when they are adults then, you oldest is almost old enough to take over, this'll be her problem soon"

"We aren't letting her fully take over till Inpu is too old, plus the first few years after she turns 18 she wants to start doing music tours, how she will eventually run the mafia will depend on her"

"You don't get it!"

"YES I DO!"

I wasn't the type to normally raise my voice, I never did it in front of anyone, so the fact I just yelled at him was surprising for him.

This was going no where, so I just walked out of the room and left him alone.

Inpu was waiting for me, so he just brought me into his office so we could talk a bit further.

He could tell I was angry, so once I sat down on one of the chairs in his room, he started to brush my wings a bit in an attempt to calm me down.

"I take it that it didn't go well"

"Not at all, I was only able to ask him why he did what he did, and he answered, but he left me with more questions than I started with"

"Yeah, that tends to happen, I'm just hopeful that our next task gets us some new clues that could be helpful to us"

"What do you mean?"

"Crystal is making a few calls, she went over her info, some things aren't adding up, he's working with a neutral mafia, a group that wouldn't survive an attack from me, something isn't right"

"How doesn't that sound right?"

"A neutral mafia typically makes a deal before picking a side, the mafia he's working with has been reported to be run in the shadows, I can speak with the boss and hopefully get some answers"

"Hopefully that gets him out of our life for good then"

"We can only hope, worst case, next time, instead of a bullet to the arm, I'll make sure everyone knows to go for the head"

"I'm sorry I had to bring you into this, had I known this would be an outcome, I would've told you not long after we started dating"

"Don't apologize, I kind of like the mystery and chase of it all, its why I'm a mafia boss anyways"

"Aww, I love you so much, Mr. tough guy"

"That's a new pet name"

"What did you want me to use, none of my other pet names for you work"

"True, but am I not allowed to call out the new pet name?"

"You are, on another note, any idea how long this research will take?"

"Shouldn't be more than an hour, and once we get it, we can go home and first thing when the weekend is over, I'll deal with it"

I just let Inpu continue brushing my wings.

Once he was done, he grabbed my hand and we found the kids before we decided to go home.