Chapter 41 | Mafia War

Bryan's POV

I had been trying my hardest to stay out of the mafia fight that was starting with Inpu's mafia, but it was getting harder by the day.

Work ended up being a good distraction since Inpu was mostly on calls at home due to the fact it was getting worse.

My own distractions weren't working well because I was only at work for so long, but Crystal would always be a good distraction.

She was never in the room when Inpu was on the phone, so if I ever needed a break, I'd just sit in her room with her.

This was one of those nights, once I ate dinner, Inpu had to get on another call, so I decided to go sit in Crystal's room with her since she was ready to play a bit before she had to go to sleep for the night.

A few hours had passed and I could hear Inpu just getting angrier, so I just tried to hide it out despite the fact Crystal had been asleep for three hours.

I finally heard no more yelling and left the room, being very careful to not run into Inpu as to not distract him if he was still on the phone.

As I was about to fall asleep when I felt a weight added on top of me along with soft kisses on my neck.

"If you are trying to fuck me while I sleep I'm going to smack you"

"I'm not, I just need my anchor right now"

"How bad was the call? You haven't done this before"

"Well, whoever our new enemy is has been sending death threats to the offices of everyone he's against, normally I wouldn't have cared, but they sent one for Crystal instead of me, so I'm just angry right now"

"Great, that's another thing I don't want to deal with"

"I know, I'm more scared for both of your wellbeing since River is the only mafia connection I have who knows Crystal exists"

"That's...concerning"

"Either way, I will protect you both, I don't care if it kills me, no one will hurt you as long as I live"

"As much as I appreciate that, don't let yourself die for us, I don't know what I'd do without you"

"Alright, but if I'm ever in a situation where its you or me who has to go, I'm going to sacrifice myself"

"Please don't say that before I fall asleep, I already struggle with falling asleep due to the mafia war you seem to be entangled in"

"Are you getting nightmare or just struggling to fall asleep?"

"Both, I don't like it, but I don't want to bother you with my issues right now"

Inpu didn't respond, he just moved us so I was on top of him and he held me closer than I already was.

"I promised you I'd help you in any way you need, did I not? I'm going to make sure I fulfill my promise"

I ended up just adjusting my position a bit so I could snuggle up more.

Inpu started to gently rub my back while giving my gentle kisses so he made sure I fell asleep.

I just enjoyed the comfort until we heard crying coming from Crystal's room.

As I was about to get up, Inpu moved me so I was under the blanket and it was tucked in so I couldn't move.

"I'll go take care of her, you just go to sleep, my love"

Inpu ended up leaving the room and I ended up falling asleep.

A few hour later.

All I could see was a long hallway and when I looked behind me, I was being chased by a stranger.

I just kept running until I got to an elevator and started to press the buttons as fast as I could.

That was until I felt the stranger grab me.

Then I woke up.

All I could do was scream when I woke up which led me to start crying because I was scared.

Before Inpu could wake up, I just ran to the bathroom and started to splash water on my face so he wouldn't know I was crying.

There was a knock on the door soon after.

Inpu walked in, making sure he could see me right away.

"Honey, are you ok? You just screamed randomly and it scared me"

"I must have just done it in my sleep, sorry, love"

I let out a small sniffle which seemed to get Inpu's attention since instead of leaving the room, he just gripped around my waist and pulled me into a hug.

"Want to talk about it?"

"Not really, it was just a bad dream, nothing to worry about"

"Its not nothing to worry about, you screamed and its clear that you've been crying, at the very least let me comfort you"

"You don't need to, I'm fine, I'll be back in bed in a minute"

I heard Inpu sigh before I felt him pick me up and bring me into the bedroom.

He gently placed me on the bed before moving to the other side of the bed where he pulled me as close as he could.

It was clear he didn't want to force me to talk, but he wanted to comfort me.

All I could do was cry, I just felt overwhelmed from my nightmare, so I just let him hold me close.

The more I cried, the more I felt Inpu pull me closer.

He started to rub the bottom part of my wings, clearly remembering that it was one of my comfort spots from after I had my wing surgery.

After a bit, he switched to rubbing a more sensitive spot of my wings which I started to laugh and moan from.

More time passed and he started to laugh with me since he didn't realize my wings were ticklish.

I let out a small yawn and Inpu stopped rubbing my wings, clearly able to see that I was slowly falling back asleep.

"Do you feel better now?"

"Much better, thanks"

"Its not a problem, want to talk about it?"

"I think in my dream, I died when I woke up, all I can remember was I was being chased one moment, and the next I had been grabbed, then I woke up"

"Damn, I knew a few other mafia leaders who married people outside the mafia had their spouses have similar nightmares, but I would have never thought you would get them"

"What do you mean?"

"A few of the other bosses with spouses who entered by marriage have mentioned that their spouses have had nightmares about being chased then they wake up once they are grabbed"

"You don't think they've done something to us to cause it?"

"I wasn't sure at first, but now that you're experiencing it, I have good feeling that is the case, I'll call my doctor in the morning to check if there is anything wrong with you or Crystal"

"Why Crystal? She doesn't seem to have anything wrong with her"

"I'm well aware of that, but just by look you seem fine yet you're experiencing something that could be harmful and we don't know what it is"

"Fair point, I have work tomorrow, so if you can set it up after I get back, I'd appreciate it"

"Deal, I'm working from the home office tomorrow, so I can watch Crystal because I don't have anyone coming tomorrow"

I just nodded and tried to snuggle closer to Inpu while I started to fall asleep.

All I could make out were the mumbles of Inpu talking about how I was safe and that he wouldn't let anyone hurt me.

Right as I was about to slip into sleep, I felt Inpu put two of his tails over me, then I fell asleep.