Chapter 98 | Peace Of Mind

Inpu's POV

With only a few days left until I finally could take off for a month if I wanted to, so I was rushing to make sure everything was ok.

Bryan was on the phone with me most of the morning, mainly just going over plans for the next few weeks, but it was still nice to talk to him without having to worry about every alarm going off in my head.

I was half paying attention to my work, but I could care less about it right now.

"So either way, if we do want to go on that trip for a family vacation, we have to get medical clearance"

"That still feels dumb, I don't want to call my doctor just to have him tell me I'm healthy enough to go on a two week trip overseas with my family"

"Hey, I don't make the rules, we're lucky we managed to find an airline that doesn't require us to go through security, if I can find a loophole for this, I will"

"So how did my fashion designer husband end up being our families travel manager?"

"You were busy at work, promised me we'd have more time together, but other than the two of us having sex after date night, we haven't had any time"

"So you go behind my back and plan a family vacation"

"If you are going to complain I can cancel it"

"Don't, we haven't really had much family time in a long time, it'll be good for us and the kids"

"On another note, how's work, I know Jakey will be gone today"

"Brandeen is coming in about half an hour, I expect things to get pretty heated, my dad decided he'd stop over and take over if it gets to that point, so that'll probably postpone it an hour"

"Fun, I'll let the kids know you'll probably be late for dinner"

"Sounds like a plan, I'll call you back when everything is done"

"Well, you still have some time, don't you, tell me, what is something you want to do while we're on vacation?"

"That's a hard one, I think the last time we took a vacation was our honeymoon, but even then, Crystal was a baby, we were more worried about her"

"Still remember how cute she was when you first put her in the car seat, she was so upset with you putting her down but she was so damn cute"

"How could I forget, I'm just glad we aren't having any more kids even if we could, we never need to worry about long car rides with babies again"

"I'm surprised me not being able to have any more angel orbs managed to stop you, I would've thought you would try to convince me to adopt another"

"Yeah, well, I wanted my next in line to be of my own blood"

"And you've gotten five of them, and only two have actually expressed interest"

"Crystal has a plan, I know they'll follow her once she's allowed to take care of a good part of it"

"You do know she plans on going on tour every few months after she graduates, right?"

"I've asked about it, apparently when she has to go for tours or if she needs a break, she plans on leaving Femi in charge"

"Have the two of them even spoken about it yet?"

"They have, they both agree on the plan"

"I will never understand any of you when it comes to the mafia, anyways, I don't want to hold you up any more than I already have, see you tonight"

"See you tonight, love you"

"Love you too"

I hung up the phone right before a guard entered my office to inform me that Brandeen arrived.

Right before we went to the holding cells to get this over with, my dad arrived, so the three of us entered the room.

The second we entered the room, I watched Jakey go from clearly ready to fight me, to just scared, he realized he messed up the second Brandeen entered the room.

"So, care to explain why you decided to go behind my back?" [Brandeen]

"Look, I can explain-" [Jakey]

"Like hell you can, you tried to run away with another man, someone you knew was married to a neutral ally at that" [Brandeen]

"Yeah, Bryan still isn't fully over the entire thing yet" [Inpu]

"Shut up, its not like you know what's happening at home for me" [Jakey]

"We had a fight over something small, that is no reason to run away and try to start a second life!" [Brandeen]

"So what? We were arranged to be married, that doesn't mean there was ever love there" [Jakey]

"Arranged marriages aren't always terrible, mine and Bryan's was partially arranged, the two of us have been married 17 years and doing great" [Inpu]

"I also know that's bullshit, you told me for years that you loved me and nothing would come between that, what happened?" [Brandeen]

"Look, can we not talk about it now in mixed company?" [Jakey]

"No, you will tell me now, I need to know why you went for the family of another mafia boss" [Brandeen]

The two of them just started to yell, so not wanting me to hear this, my father let me leave the room while he dealt with it.

Since this was the only thing I had to do today, I just went to my office to start grabbing my things.

Right before I was about to head out, Brandeen stepped into my office, seeming like he had to speak with me about something.

"Hey, look, I know I have no right to ask this, but are we still on good terms? I don't want to be enemies just because my husband decided to go behind my back and go for your husband"

"Don't worry about it, my husband was more worried about making sure he stayed alive to face his own family for this"

"You have a good one, Inpu, I hope the two of you have a long life of prosperity"

"I wish I could say the same to you, I just have to hope that the two of you managed to get things figured out, I know you can't easily separate if you're married into a mafia family"

"Yeah, that's my hope as well, I hope we can continue to have the same level of respect for each other, but I need to take him home to get him cleaned up"

"Then go, enjoy yourself, you could use the time"

Brandeen left the room not long after and I went home not long after.

Upon arriving home, I saw my family as normal, but this time, there was a sense of calm in the house, there wasn't any stress, there wasn't any worry, it was just calm, and as weird as it felt, it felt right.