Chapter 62 | Apprentice's Ideas

Inpu's POV

Although I had taken Crystal with me the day before, nothing of event had happened since I only had paperwork to do.

She already knew what to do about late debts, so all she really needed to do was sit in on a few meetings to see how fierce they could be if someone was in a bad mood from something.

Since I wore a suit to work, after work yesterday, Crystal wanted to get new clothes to she looked more professional, so I let her.

All I got her was a black dress with long sleeves and some leggings since she said she had other things to wear with it.

It seemed like she had a plan since once we got in the meeting room, it seemed like she knew what she was doing.

As everyone was getting comfortable, a few people kept glancing at me then back at their own guards, which I just tried to ignore.

Once the meeting started, a handful of different issues were brought up, and a lot of us weren't agreeing with what to do.

I began to grow angry and nearly forgot I had my eldest with me, until she decided to speak up.

"You know, all these issues all seem to have something in common"

"What would someone as young as you know about mafia issues"

"Well, for one, I can tell you that all these issues could have been avoided if you each made clearer contracts"

"Elaborate?"

"You each brought a copy of the contracts your debt holders, which most of them can misinterpret since there are things that you wouldn't realize unless you know mafia terms"

"So you're saying our lawyers are dumb when they write up contracts?"

"No, I'm saying that your lawyers should probably be a bit more clear when writing contracts"

Each of the other leaders glanced at Crystal, then at me, and back to her before speaking again.

"Inpu, what's the deal with the kid?"

"She's my eldest, if she so chooses she will take over when I either give the mafia to her or if something happens to me, so this is her test run, and it seems she's already found a loop in how you run your mafia"

"Keep her around, she could be a good asset to your mafia"

"Oh, I'm well aware of that"

The meeting finished up after a few hours and we went back to my office since I had a potential deal meeting I had to get to.

Shortly after we got back to the office, my lawyer came in so he could write up a contract, so I took the few minutes before the meeting to introduce him to Crystal since he was confused as to why a younger looking girl was in the room since he knew I was married.

Once the person who requested the loan came a bit early, the meeting started a bit early and kept glancing over at the other two every few seconds since Crystal seemed to be giving the lawyer some tips.

The larger parts of the meeting were done, so we just needed a contract, which usually was done by the time it finished, but this time it seemed to have a few complications.

I ended up asking the person who requested the loan to wait in the hallway while I tried to figure out what was wrong.

"What is taking so long, usually we have the contract done by now"

"Sir, his reasons for the loan isn't like any other reason's we've gotten, he's asking for a loan so he can get a mansion in town, how are we meant to charge this, we aren't a bank"