Chapter 22 | Little Time

Inpu's POV

A few days had passed and I still couldn't believe Bryan agreed to be my actual husband and not just a fake to make me seem stronger.

I think me being happier due to him saying yes was throwing off everyone who was coming into the office.

Shade also seemed to be in a better mood at home, I couldn't tell if it was because of the recent change in atmosphere, or if it was because Bryan started to make food for the dogs since Helios needed more protein in his diet that the kibble we had for both dogs was lacking.

A few of the guards around the house kept reporting to me after I got home since apparently, Bryan was trying to leave to do stuff, but he wasn't telling anyone where, which was the only problem I had with it.

It was easier to deal with it after I finished work then try and deal with it over the phone.

After I arrived home, I heard something coming from the gym, so I decided to check there.

When I entered, it was clear that Bryan had been doing a few different workout throughout the day, but when I walked in, he was finishing up a yoga workout.

I watched for a bit, then I got bored of watching, so I decided to start messing with him.

He was in a deep focus, but Helios was next to him, so I grabbed a small ball, and rolled it in front of him which got Helios' attention.

We stayed quiet for a second, then when he didn't respond to Helios running in front of him, I knew he was trying to ignore me, which just made me want to mess with him more.

Since my last idea didn't work, I checked how much time was left on the workout he selected since he was listening to it through headphones, and saw he was almost done.

Once he reached the last five minutes, he started to sit on the floor, but before he could, I grabbed him causing him to let out a sort of squeak.

He managed to take out his headphones and put them in his pocket before he tried to get out of my grasp.

"Glad to see you're home, did you have to interrupt me though?"

"Well, you're under my protection, so you don't need to train that much"

"I'm doing it more so I can get back into shape, I felt weaker yesterday and didn't want to worry about anything happening"

"You won't need to worry, even when I'm not here, we have plenty of people who will protect you for me"

"I guess you're right, anyways, how was your day?"

"It was good, I'm just glad I got to come home to you"

"That's good, is anyone coming over tonight, or is it just the two of us?"

"Well, I plan for it to be just the two of us, I was honestly hoping we could talk about what we still need to get done before the party"

"We can do that, do you mind if I shower and change first?"

"Go ahead, I'll meet you in the dining room unless you'd want to have some company"

"No, the last time I let you watch me, you kept trying to grab at my waist as I was getting dressed, so you're not watching me for at least a month"

"Worth a shot, I'll see you once you're done"

I went into the dining room and started to write a few things down that still needed to get done.

After about half an hour, Bryan came into the room and joined me at the table.

He started to sit in another chair, but I ended up grabbing him before he sat down and moved him so he was sitting in my lap.

"You have lust in your eyes, what do you have planned"

"Nothing much, just thinking of how much I'll miss you when I need to leave for my meeting"

"You're not going to be the only one missing the other"

"Anyways, I'm curious as to how much you have done when it comes to outfits for the party"

"The ones for your family are done, but I can't come up with anything for mine, so Flix said I could go in tomorrow to submit any designs I have now along with getting a starter assignment, and she'll start working on an outfit that would work well for the party for me"

"Before you leave tomorrow, mind if I give you a small list to give to Flix since she's working on your outfit?"

"You can, but may I ask what will be on the list?"

"Just a few things I want your outfit to have, it shouldn't be too invasive to you"

"I'm going to trust you on this, you promise you won't put anything bad in these suggestions?"

"Maybe one, but it shouldn't be too bad, nothing that I think you'd yell at me for"

"Alright, anyways, is there anything else you want to request we do before the party"

"I have a few appointments set up for you since it if your first mafia party"

"And those would be?"

"Well, I have one so you can get your hair done since I know you said recently you needed a haircut, I found a place that will give you a handful of products that would be safe for your wings to help with grooming, but you do it there which is why its considered an appointment, then the last one I still need to fully book, but I wanted to ask you about it first"

"What is the last one and why do you need to ask me about it"

"Its for a spa a few streets down, I wanted to ask you about it since I didn't know what kind of appointment you'd want to make since I've never heard you mention anything about how you relax"

"If you leave the browser open, I'll schedule something for the morning of the party, don't worry about it"

"Just leave it on the checkout window, I'm not letting you pay for a damn thing"

"Don't you have to pay when you're there?"

"For most, yes, but I already set it up so you get a private room, so I'm paying for the full thing in advance"

"You're spoiling me too much"

"Yeah, because I want to, its not like you're asking for it"

"I know, but are you even going to do anything for yourself? All the stuff you booked for me is probably really expensive, I don't want to be the only thing you think of while you prepare"

"I'm spoiling you because you deserve it, you haven't had a real relax day since you moved in, its mostly been work when I'm not home, and when I am home you're mostly dealing with my shenanigans, so I want you to take some time for yourself"

"Are you sure? I really don't want to be a bother"

"You could never bother me, never even think that, I'm doing this because I love you"

"Alright, what time frame would all these appointments be"

"Since the party has been moved to the day before I need to leave, I figured we have two of them the week before and the last one the morning of"

"Am I going to be told the order or no?"

"I'll just tell you where to go and when to get there, otherwise I want it to be a surprise"

We continued to talk about plans for a bit, and I could tell with what I had planned, I was making Bryan feel special.

It was really the only goal I had, I usually hated the parties my father threw, but I was willing to go to show off my future husband to anyone willing to attend.

I was called away after a bit since one of my allies was calling due to something that happened to them, so I had to take it.

When I went to check in on Bryan when I had a small break, he was already asleep, so I decided to grab my laptop and sit on the bed next to him while I completed my work for the night.