Chapter 82 | Reassurance

Bryan's POV

With everything going on, I ended up being more on edge then I thought I would be.

I found myself being more cautious with everything and Inpu just kept telling me that I worried too much.

Despite my efforts to make sure my kids and I were safe, I was able to keep it fairly well hidden that I was so anxious.

Inpu wasn't a huge worry to me, after all, he was the one who killed people for his job and could smile while doing it, so I had no reason to worry.

Every night, Inpu would turn on the property security system he set up along with telling the guards to stay near the front of the house, but it never felt like enough to keep us safe.

Not long after he did it as usual, he entered our room like normal, but I think he could tell something was on my mind.

"Did something happen at work or something?"

"Huh, what do you mean?"

"You seem down, like you're worried about something"

"Oh, its nothing, just stressed, that's all"

"Want to talk about it? You know I'm willing to listen"

"There's not much to talk about, you know what my worries are"

"Then do you want to cuddle? That always seems to help you calm down"

"Alright, is it ok if I double check the security system first?"

"Yeah, I'll go with you, may I ask why you feel the need to check it now?"

"Promise you won't laugh?"

"Hon, you know I don't laugh unless I can tell you are genuinely joking, I would never laugh at you"

"I want to check it because I feel like if I don't, that'll be the night someone breaks in to take me and kill the rest of you"

"Bryan, you know we're safe, you don't need to be so on edge"

"I know, but I can't be too sure"

Inpu just let out a sigh before we walked over to where the alarm was set up.

Once I double checked that it was on, I went to walk back to our room, but Inpu picked me up before I could.

He placed me on our bed before he pressed himself on top of me so I couldn't move.

"What's this about?"

"You need to relax, so until I think about what I should do to help you relax, you get me on top of you"

"And you're sure you don't have anything romantic planned?"

"I'm sure, last time we had our fun your ex came and killed the mood, so until its dealt with, I don't plan on doing anything unless you really want to do something"

"I'll be fine, I'll let you continue to think"

"Random question, any chance we have any soap for bubble baths?"

"We should have some under the sink, why?"

"I have a plan, you stay here, I'll be back"

Inpu left the room soon after and told me to not look while he brought in a few things.

It didn't take long for him to finish, but when I opened my eyes, I noticed he was pulling a few things out of our dresser before leading me into the bathroom.

When I looked into the bathroom, I noticed it was candle lit and a handful of my favorite chocolates were on the counter.

"What made you think to do this?"

"I already planned on having a day to ourselves this week while the kids are doing their activities on our day off, so I planned to give you the chocolates then, but I think you deserve them now, so I figured this would help take off some of the stress"

"Are you going to join me or do you plan to wait in the other room?"

"I'm fine with whatever, love, I was going to ask you what you wanted to do"

"Then you wouldn't mind keeping me company, I don't mind if you don't want to join me, but having you in the room would be nice"

"How did I get so lucky with you again?"

"I was either in the wrong place at the wrong time or right place at the right time, I'll leave that up to you to figure it out"

Inpu didn't respond, he already had me close to him, so I felt him just start to stroke the base of my wings.

He knew my wings were fairly sensitive to touch, I would hope so since we've known each other for years, but it didn't stop me from always being shocked by it followed by me melting into Inpu's arms.

"We've been together for years and I still forget how much you like this"

"I'm pretty sure its because of the pressure point at the base of my wings, but I like to believe its because I feel safe with you"

"If you'd like to get comfortable, I can quickly grab a few things so I can groom your wings while you relax"

"Well, it doesn't sound terrible, plus I know you know what you're doing, so why not"

"I'll be back then"

Inpu left the room not long after and I just started to get comfortable.

It had been a bit since I had any time like this to myself, so the fact Inpu just through to do this randomly because I was down was a nice surprise.

He came back into the room not long after with a few things I kept in the office when I just had to clean up my wings a bit.

It started with Inpu just trying to clean up my wings and it slowly evolved to me trying to splash Inpu the longer we stayed there.

After an hour, the two of us just sat there laughing before we decided to actually get ready for bed.

We really couldn't stop laughing, so as we laid in bed, we could barely make eye contact.

"Did you really need to get me that wet? I knew I had to shower in the morning but damn, my ears are going to be so fuzzy in the morning"

"If you are going to start soaking my wings so my feathers are all frizzy, I'm going to do the same thing right back at you"

"Don't worry about it, I'm really just joking with you, do you feel better though?"

"Yeah, my anxiety has definitely went down compared to what it was at a few hours ago"

"I'm glad, that means my plan worked"

"Doesn't matter if it worked or not, I'm just glad it was you who made me feel relaxed"

Inpu didn't respond, he just moved me so I was cuddled up next to him.

We stayed like that for a while before I felt myself drifting off to sleep, and while I normally felt heavily anxious to fall asleep with everything going on, I finally felt calm.