Chapter 15 | A Win And A Fail

Bryan's POV

I had been on the phone with my family a lot recently.

It was mostly just talking about what was new with my sisters, and telling my mother how I was doing .

She was mostly worried about what was happening to me, and I would just tell her I was fine but I hadn't told her about the fact I was dating Inpu, so I planned to do it today since Flix and Inpu had work so I had nothing to do.

Surprisingly, Vivian didn't bother me when I was on the phone, which I found helpful because when I had nothing to do she'd yell at me to do housework since she thought of me as a butler.

My mother called me right as she was about to start screaming at me, so I pointed to my phone and went to my room to take the call, which I picked up the second I closed my door.

"Hey, mom, what's new with you?"

"Nothing much, my boss said if I was lucky, I'd be getting promoted soon which would send me into a city about 2 days away, also its supposedly an extremely angel friendly city with a very small crime rate"

"That's great! I wish you luck with that! Has dad come back to you begging yet?"

"Thankfully no, but he asked me for a date a week ago, I said no, but something tells me he's not going to give up"

"Yeah, if he's anything like when I was young, I wish you luck in getting him off your back"

"Thanks, but how have you been? Has Inpu been taking good care of you?"

"You could say that, I think in a way, we've been taking care of each other"

"Oh, how so?"

"Well, as of like a few weeks ago now, we've been dating"

I heard my mother go quiet for a few seconds, but she responded quicker than I thought.

"Are you happy with him or was it forced?"

"I think for the first time since high school, I'm happy, yes he did come onto me, but I don't hate it, its like I need to be with him at all times, and I want that"

"I'm truly happy for you then, I know you and Jakey went to just being friends and were on good terms, but it still seemed like you lost a small spark in you when you stopped dating"

"Thank you for being so understanding, I was honestly scared of what you'd expect"

I kept talking on the phone with my mom for a few hours, and only had to hang up once I got a text from Flix that started with 911, so I figured It was important.

The text went from "911", to "I have the evidence you need to get her out of your house" and once I saw what the photo was, I immediately sent screenshots to Inpu.

It was a picture of Vivian kissing the guard that usually stayed with me when I went out.

I'd normally care less, but this was the win we needed since we could finally end Inpu's agreement with his father.

Once Inpu saw the screenshots, he responded by just saying that he was sending a car to bring me to the office before he called Vivian in to confront her.

I grabbed a jacket and my boots and quickly went to wait outside where the normal pickup spot was.

The car arrived quicker than usual, but I figured it was just someone nearby, yet something just felt off, so I decided to do what I used to do when I would uber places.

"What's the reason for pickup?"

"Look, man, we don't ask questions, we just do what the boss tells us and he told us to get you"