Chapter 60 | Quick Trip

Inpu's POV

The morning had gone fairly quick since as soon as Bryan and I woke up, we had to get going fast.

Most of the morning had been a blur, but the most notable part for me at least was watching Artemis be amazed not only on the train ride back to my city, but from watching him look around while we were driving to the apartment.

While I found it fun to watch my kids each look around, I also realized that I had to get a new car since I could barley fit everyone in my current one.

We were laughing about the space in the back of the car on the way there, but once we entered the apartment was another story.

Each of them took a few minutes to look around, each of them clearly fixating on different parts.

Bryan was another story once we entered though.

Every small sound I could see him slightly jump, which just made me feel bad, so I held him close while he was inside.

I showed each of the kids there rooms and let them get comfortable while I walked with Bryan as he was about to leave so he didn't miss his plane.

"So I'll probably arrive late at night, so am I ok to stay here when I get back?"

"You always are, but my question is would you feel comfortable staying here?"

"I'm still not sure, I think if the kids are ok here, I should be ok"

We heard the triplets yelling to the other two how cool their room was, which just caused us to laugh at them for bit.

"Do you think I'm doing this right?"

"Doing what right?"

"Being their father, I was away for them so long and I just feel like I'm not doing something right"

"There is no way to be a perfect parent, most of the time I ask myself the same question, but I've seen the people they've become, I think you can add a lot to them, no matter if its bad or good, I don't mind as long as they don't become complete jerks"

"What am I going to do without you for a week?"

"The same thing I did for an entire year when you left me with our first angel orb"

"We sure you can't have any more?"

"Yes, I'm sure, I have the medical profile to prove it"

"Heh, I'll see you in a week"

"See you in a week"

Bryan left shortly after he said a final goodbye to the kids, and I was left with them.

I went to check each of them with how they were settling in, and each of them seemed to be doing well.

Atlas had been hanging upside down from the top bunk with Lotus telling him off from the bottom bunk.

Femi had opened a book and was just reading on her bed.

Artemis had started making another pillow fort in the corner of the room and Crystal was just helping him with it.

I decided to ask each of the girls a few questions since I knew the other three wouldn't answer that clearly.

"Alright, I'm asking you two because I have no idea what I'm really doing, any suggestions on activities you all like, I don't want you all to be bored"

"Atlas likes basketball, he isn't allowed to play it inside though, so if there is somewhere nearby he can play he'll be set"

"Lotus likes baking, they'll probably want to bake something during the week, so they're pretty easy"

"Artemis likes fashion, I have a good amount of paper for him since he doesn't sleep as much as he should, so don't worry about him unless he expresses that he needs something"

"So ignore him?"

"Well, no, but he won't say anything unless he needs something, so if he's hungry, thirsty, or uncomfortable with something"

"He's really that quiet?"

"Yup"

"Alright, what about you both?"

"I like science, I brought a few of my home kits so I could try a few things"

"Music, its the reason I'm in a band"

"Noted, what about food, I have a small idea, but I need to know of anything else like allergies"

"None of us have food allergies, Artemis has the medicine allergy issue few angels have though"

"From what papa says, we aren't picky eaters, there are small things we don't like, but we always check recipes before cooking anything, so we never have anything we don't like"

"Ok, you both can go back to what you were doing, I'm gonna work on a few things for work, then I'll go collect you when I go to pick what's for dinner"

Each of them nodded and went back to what they were doing while I went to my office to finish up some paperwork so I didn't have to deal with it later.

I was getting pretty lost in my work for the next few hour until I heard my office door open.

Artemis was just peaking in, seeming kinda scared of something.

"Hey, bud, what's up?"

"Can I stay in here, the storm is very loud from my room"

I glanced outside and noticed it was storming, I was so lost in thought I didn't even hear it.

"Of course you can, I don't want you to be scared, can I know what part of the storm scares you?"

"The thunder, my ears already are sensitives, I don't like any extra sound"

"You've got hearing issues then?"

"Not that I know of, papa never said if I had any"

"Alright, we can figure it out later, feel free to sit anywhere you feel comfortable"

I went back to my work and would glance at where Artemis was trying to get comfortable.

He was still small enough where he could get in the small spaces in my home office, but he would look at each of them and move to the next space.

After about five minutes, he ended up crawling under my desk and staying there.

Another hour had passed before I finished my work, and Artemis didn't move much, mainly because he was falling asleep.

Since I had my work done, a few of the maids came in to ask what I wanted for dinner, to which I told them to ask my kids since they would be better at picking what they wanted for the time being.

Thinking I'd be getting up in a bit so I could check on the kids, I ended up picking up Artemis who ended up fully falling asleep once I did.

I just held him while I was sitting and I could feel him start to grip the top of my shirt as if he were a baby.

It was cute but the entire time I couldn't help feeling sleepy as well.

All I can remember before I ended up falling asleep was hearing the office door open, then I completely fell asleep.