Chapter 56 | All Grown Up

Bryan's POV

For the past few days, Inpu had been walking me to and from work.

Walking was normal for me when I was less stressed since work from fairly close to where I lived.

He hadn't been in the house and I had told the kids to stay away from windows when I left because I wasn't ready to tell Inpu about Artemis yet.

Even though he hadn't seen them yet, he would always ask me about what their accomplishments were and how they were doing in school.

Since I didn't have any meetings today, I decided to let Inpu hang out with me in my office because the only distraction I would have would be drawing.

"Are you doing anything after you leave?"

"I need to make dinner for the kids but other than that I've got nothing, why?"

"After I dropped you off yesterday, I did some looking around town and found a nice looking restaurant, I was kinda hoping I'd be able to take you and the kids to dinner tonight"

"Well, I'd be ok with that, but there is something I'd need to tell you before we do that"

"What's up?"

"When I said we can't have any more kids because of my own biology, its because I hit my max by getting five..."

"I'm sorry, what"

"The day I left, I planned to tell you before work, but that morning I may have found an angel orb"

"I think I'm going into shock, I don't know what to say"

"You see why I didn't want to tell you that fast?"

"Yeah, I'm assuming you had some kind of plan for this"

"I have something in mind, I'm leaving work early today, so we can wait at the house, I can introduce you to the kids, then once they're all comfortable, we can go get dinner"

"That will work"

"Alright, let me finish my work, then we can go"

It took an hour, but I got my work done and we left.

Once we got to the house, he sat on the couch while I went to grab something to snack on to satisfy my hunger until we were able to get dinner.

We ended up just talking on the couch until the kids got home, but I noticed he would glance at something then go back to the conversation.

I could tell he was going to bring up what was on his mind, but we heard Crystal's car pull up before he could.

Each of the kids knew they were going to meet their father, with the exception of Artemis, who I didn't want to tell because of how shy he was.

Inpu ended up standing in the kitchen since you barley couldn't see it from the door, and he didn't want to spook any of them by being front and center.

"Papa, we're home"

"You guys are home early, what did you do to get out of the room early"

"The ceiling had a hole in it, so we were told if we could get out of it without wing use we could leave"

"Its the same size and design as the auditorium, so no one thought she could do it, so the four of us went to the sports field as usual, until she came to the field to get us 20 minutes later"

"We still don't know how she did it"

"Crystal, please tell me, how did you get out?"

"You remember how I used to get stuck on the chandelier when I was learning to fly because I'd climb a lot more"