Chapter 51 | Quiet But Lonely

Bryan's POV

Around 11 years had passed since I left and I still felt terrible about it.

I ended up moving into the same city as my mom in an area where most of the people living there were cops, active and retired military, and ex mafia, so I knew I was safe there.

It was nice because a handful of my friends moved here to get better jobs or get away from heavy crime areas, but I always felt like I was missing something.

The one thing I always wanted to have with me when I did move in was Inpu, but whenever I tried to convince myself to call him, I could never press the button.

I never even bothered with changing my number, I always saw when he tried to leave a message, but I always let it go to voicemail.

Crystal and the triplets would question when Inpu would come for the first year, but over time they stopped asking and I just felt bad.

The orb ended up being the hardest one I had to deal with since I ended up being attacked after I moved in by someone who didn't like the people who were ex mafia.

I ended up getting shot in the accident which caused the orb to dissolve early, so Artemis ended up being born early.

He was in and out of hospitals for the first three years of his life since the doctors could never fully tell if he was healthy or not.

Artemis was never diagnosed with anything, he was thought to be mute since he barley cried, but he will talk fine, he's just very shy with people.

I never knew how the other four would take to having a younger sibling, let alone a younger sibling who had a pretty good chance of being different from them, but they did very well.

Work was allowing me to become more famous, which I thought I'd be more cautious about, but I really didn't care since for all I knew, it could cause my husband to find me, which I didn't know if I wanted or not.

When I changed my work location again, I decided to switch my main clientele to females only because after a while of being in the mafia, I began to get uncomfortable thinking anyone could be working for Inpu since most of his employees were male.

Inpu was a wild card when it came to stuff like this, so I didn't know if he'd be mad at me or happy that I'm ok.

Taking the kids to school was always stressful for me since they could easily go alone and be fine, but being ex mafia always stressed me out with what would happen.

Today was one of those days where my anxiety got the better of me and I ended up taking them to school and picked them up myself.

"You do know I can drive, right?"

"I know, Crystal, I'm driving you for a reason"

"What reason do you have to drive us, she has a car, its not like you drive the only car"

"Lotus, can we not talk about this now?"

"They have a point, you never tell us about why you get stressed about us being out of the house alone, let alone the fact you tell us nothing about our other father"

"Atlas, not you too"

"How come they all got to meet dad but I didn't?"

"Alright, lets play the quiet game, we can talk about this another time"

"Another time as in when? Five years from now? You always say that and never actually tell us"

"Its something I can't tell you guys in the car"