Chapter 34 | Paranoia

April 7th

Bryan's POV

I was walking the dogs a bit father than I normally would today.

It had been a bit since I did any working out, so I figured this would be the best thing I could do since I was scared to bring the orb into the gym but I didn't want to leave it alone that long.

The orb was just sitting in a travel bag I had for when I did walk the dogs so it didn't move much and I didn't need to worry much.

Helios was walking as far ahead as he could go on the leash while Shade was walking close to me looking at me every now and then so he knew I was still following him.

There were a few ally ways that I walked past and each of them gave me a strange feeling for some reason.

I ended up having to wait at a cross walk right next to the apartment, so I took a few  minutes to look at my phone.

Shade had started to let out a soft growl which seemed to get more aggressive the longer I waited.

Eventually, I noticed a man walked from behind me and saw that he was slightly checking me out.

The walk light had turned so I kept walking and the dogs had gotten closer to me clearly telling that I was uncomfortable.

He kept walking pretty close to me so I tried to ignore it up until I got to the house.

I went to put the key to the building in the door when he caught up to me.

"Hey, cutie, you free anytime soon?"

"Huh, oh, no, I'm engaged, I really don't have much free time"

"Someone like you wouldn't be getting married, when are you actually free?"

"I seriously am engaged, I don't want to know why you think I wouldn't be, now if you'd excuse me I need to go inside so I can set up my daughter's room and feed me dogs"

He clearly wasn't taking no for an answer since he kept trying to force himself on me.

There was a button on the keypad to call for a few guards so as he kept persisting, so I ended up pressing it. 

After a few minutes, a few of the guards came out and placed themselves in front of me so the other guy couldn't try anything.

"Damn, hot thing, didn't expect you to be rich enough to have guards"

I motioned to the guards that I was uncomfortable so they would deal with him for me.

"Sir, I need you to step away from my bosses fiancée before we are forced to use force"

"There is no way an angel that hot is buckled down to someone, just let me in so I can try and talk with him"

"Sir Bryan is happily engaged and if I report this to my boss he will have a bounty on your head for trying to flirt with his fiancée"

"A male angels are known for being un-loyal partners, there is no way I can't at least get a kiss from him"

"Guards, can you just deal with him so I can go inside and finish putting up pictures in the nursery, I need to get that done before I call Inpu"

"Yes, Sir, we'll take care of it right away"

"Wait, did you say Inpu? As in the mafia boss, Inpu?"

"Yes, that is my fiancée"

"Sir, may I ask if you request us to deal with him...properly?"

"Go ahead, just don't do it in my house, Inpu would have ordered the same thing when I tell him later, so save the extra hassle"

"Yes, Sir"

I continued to walk inside and heard the guy scream as I continued inside.

Since Inpu had left for his mission, he left me in charge of anything at home, so the guards would get rid of anyone I didn't like.

It was slightly an abuse of power on my part, but I had really only used it in situations where Inpu would do the same thing once he found out.

I started my night routine once I had put my bag away and took the orb out and started to make my own dinner since most of the maids were out of the house getting groceries.

While I was putting things on the counter so I could make food, Inpu called, so I answered and put him on speaker while I worked on making food.

"You called early, what's up?"

"I just finished dinner with my father and we walked past a jewelry store, saw something in it that made me think of you"

"Aww, mind telling me what it was?"

"Just a necklace, but it was a beautiful white diamond on a gold wire, but I thought it would look nice on you, so I got it for you"

"You didn't have to do that! Don't only buy things for me, you also need to buy your own things for the wedding"

"And I have, I just don't tell you what I've been preparing"

Inpu kept talking about what he's been doing since he finished his mission to the point I got a bit distracted and dropped a jar that broke when it hit the floor.

"Hon, you ok? You just went quiet"

"Y-yeah, I'm just a bit paranoid because of something that happened earlier"

"What happened? You're not hurt, right?"

"I'm fine, someone noticed I was an angel and thought I was a hooker since I'm an angel, then they didn't back down when I said I was engaged and expecting a child"

"Has he been dealt with?"

"Yeah, I had the guards take care of him once I got back to the building, but I still feel like I'm being watched"

"Have the guards checked around the building?"

"They're doing that now, I just don't feel like its been fully taken care of"

"I'll make sure the security cameras around the building are up to date and haven't seen anything that would be harmful for you"

"Thank you, baby, I really don't want to bother you that much, but I appreciate it"

"Don't worry about it, I just want to keep you safe"

"On another note, two months till we become parents"

"We really only have two months! It feels like its been such a short amount of time since you told me you found an orb"

"I know, Helios keeps going up to it and trying to snuggle with the orb whenever it glows, so I have a feeling she will be very close to any animals she bonds with"

"That'll be fun to deal with, it'll be interesting trying to show her what animals are and aren't allowed in the house"

"Either way, it'll be fun just to have her in the house"

I heard knocking on Inpu's side so I stayed quiet for a bit.

"I'm really sorry, my love, I need to deal with something, someone managed to get caught by the cops, we shouldn't be in too much trouble, its just a pain to deal with"

"Alright, stay safe, talk to you tomorrow"

"Will do, love, talk to you tomorrow"

He hung up and I went to finish making my food before doing my nightly routine.

Once I finished my nightly routine, instead of falling asleep right away, I ended up laying in bed without being able to get confrontable, so I ended up just closing my eyes.

It felt like my energy was being stripped from me, but there was no reason for me to feel that way.

As it kept happening to me, I felt like nothing was changing, but I also felt like I couldn't stay awake.

I soon realized that the orb was glowing to a different degree then it had, which told me it was completing a near two month practice.

When it finished its practice, I had no energy left, so I ended up falling asleep not even a few minutes after it finished.