Chapter 53 | Out Of Town

Inpu's POV

I ended up waking up earlier than I thought I would since I had to catch a crazy early train.

River and I planned to meet at the hotel before we started to look around the town in hope of finding Bryan, but I knew there was a stop that I was going to have to make.

There was a small coffee shop not far from the train station, and since I arrived at seven in the morning, I could use a quick cup of coffee.

I ended up going in and placed a quick order, not expecting it to take so long.

It was surprisingly busy for how early in the morning it was, so I ended up just trying to notice the people who were waiting around for their drinks.

No one really caught my eye until I noticed a younger looking girl who had the same color hair as Bryan but she had black fades in the middle of her hair, so I decided it wouldn't hurt to try talking to her.

"Mind if I sit here?"

"Not at all, the place is always busy so I'm more surprised you asked"

"I'm visiting from out of town, its so early in the morning, how come its so full?"

"A lot of people take the train to other cities for work, so coffee shops fill up before 6:30 most mornings"

"So you heading to work or are you just here for a drink?"

"My siblings have a pretty high fever and just genuinely feel down, so I decided to get myself an iced tea as I usually do, but I figured I'd also get them some hot chocolate to hopefully lift their spirits"

"You're a good sister then, my sibling and I never did that when we were younger, if I had the chance now I'd do it in a heartbeat"

"God, you sound like my dad the way you said that"

"Oh? How so?"

"I don't really know my other parent too well, but from what I gathered, my parents loved each other more than anything, we just had to leave for personal reasons, but my dad always says if he had the chance, he would have changed how it happened as soon as he could"

"I'm not trying to pry, but may I ask for why your other parent isn't present?"

"Best way I can say it without going into detail is that we weren't safe at home, so we couldn't stay there anymore, and my father just couldn't bring himself to inform my other parent"

"You're a canine hybrid just guessing on looks, assuming your father isn't canine, that must have been hard growing up with"

"I'm not pure canine hybrid, so it was less hard then you'd think, it really only made me take on the roll of alpha while my siblings were learning their magics"

"Doesn't seem like the hardest thing ever then, just seems like it would be a pain if you were the oldest hybrid since you probably didn't have a good grip on your magic when they started to learn"

"Meh, I handled it pretty well, on another note, you said you're from out of town, anything you came here to do or just traveling?"

"Just traveling for now, just trying to work on a few bucket list things, I'll see where the wind takes me from there"

We just continued talking for around half an hour, only really stopping our focus when we heard a name get called.

I didn't really think much of who she could be until I heard one of the workers call her name once her drinks were done.

"Crystal R!"

"Oh, my drinks are ready, I need to get going, it was nice talking to you"

"Yeah, nice talking to you too"

She went up to get her drinks and I just kept my focus on her, trying to figure out if my suspicions were right.

I tried to see if she had wings since she was wearing a sweatshirt that could cover angel wings if she was doing it the same way Bryan did, and right as she was almost out of sight, I noticed wing creases under her sweatshirt.

That's when I knew I had at least found an area close to where my family was.

My coffee was done long after and I quickly started to head over to the hotel since I spent longer than I would have expected in the coffee shop.

Once I did get there and got checked in, I quickly went to my room and put my stuff away before texting River.

"You in town yet or am I here alone?"

"I'm here, I went to patrol before I stopped to put my stuff down since I got a good tip"

"What kind of tip?"

"There is a large amount of people who are ex mafia who live close to the beach, most neighborhoods around there have the families of cops, active and retired military, and ex mafia, so its a good place to start"

"Sounds like it, anything you've taken note on yet?"

"There was a group of kids hanging out at the corner of the neighborhood, one of them walked through the shadows like you do"

"This may sound crazy, but did she have white hair with a black fade in the middle?"

"Yeah, why?"

"I just ran into her after I got off the train, she has similar features to my eldest, write down the neighborhood name somewhere"

"Alright, lets hope she's a good lead to this"

"You have no idea how much this entire thing will rely on that"

"When you ran into her, did she say anything that stuck out to you?"

"Well, I think Bryan is still ok with me, she said that even though her parents were separated, they seemed to love each other when they were together and her father never said anything bad"

"That's good, it means you have a chance, mind if I ask a question that's not that related?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"Of all the people you could have taken with you, why pick me? There are so many other people to pick from, so why me, we've never had a good relationship so I'm just surprised you took me and not Magnus"

"I picked you because you got along with Bryan, we got along better when he was in the room when we'd make agreements, so I figured you'd be the best bet if you find him before me"

"Not the reasons I would have thought, but I guess it makes sense, I'll meet up with you soon"

"See you soon"