Chapter 3 | Making A Deal

Bryan's POV

It's been a few days since I was taken.

I've tried asking for my stuff a few times, but every time I ask, they always tell me no.

The most I've been working on random designs on spare paper that was in my room since I'll be a bit behind on work when I eventually go back if my job even accepts me back.

Usually, I'd just be alone in my room with maids delivering food 3 times a day and Inpu would bring in clean clothes for me in the morning either right as I woke up, or before I'd wake up.

This morning I was just trying to draw the best I could with the chains still on when I heard the door open.

"You're awake early"

"I couldn't sleep"

Inpu placed some clothes on a table next to the closet while I was just focusing on my drawing.

"Heads up, I'm having the maids bring in your food early because I'm taking you to a meeting later today"

"I thought you said you didn't trust me leaving, why are you taking me all of a sudden"

"This is a meeting I've been trying to set up since my men decided to bring you with them, that's why I'm taking you to this one"

I ended up just rolling my eyes, thinking he couldn't see me, and well, I quickly found out he saw it.

I wasn't paying attention so I didn't see him walk up behind me, I only knew he was there when he hit the back of my head causing my head to hit the bed.

"Hey!"

"Consider yourself lucky, if you were any of my men, I would have hit you much harder and it would have left a mark"

He left shortly after while I waited for my food so I could eat before I changed.

Eventually, I got my breakfast and changed my clothes and just went back to what I was doing before a few of Inpu's guards came in and started to escort me to his car.

The car ride was quiet, I was just using it as a way to look outside for the first time in a few days.

It was just Inpu and I in the car and he said it would take a while to get there, so I was trying to take a nap.

"So, the doctor said you knew about your wing issues, why haven't you gotten them treated yet"

I looked up for a moment, then realized that he was still mafia meaning anything that would make it confidential would likely be removed now.

"My father ruined my wings when I was little then took everything my mother had because he had a lot of debt, then every time we'd get close to saving up enough money to get them fixed, some other expense that would be more important would come up and we'd need to deal with it"

"What other expenses were more important then one that would help your health?"

"Any bills involving our house, our home used to be mafia owned so we'd need to deal with those bills first because my mother worried that she'd have to give me or one of my sisters up if she didn't and she never wanted to make our lives miserable"

"So she refused you any care that would improve your quality of life"

"No, I refused it because I'd rather suffer knowing my sisters and mother would be ok"

I don't think Inpu knew what to say after that since he went quiet afterwards, but every stop light we stopped at, he'd send a message to someone.

After a more awkward car ride then when we started, we made it to Inpu's office and made it upstairs where we saw 2 men waiting for us.