Chapter 91 | Raid Preparations

Inpu's POV

We planned to set out for the location Jakey was hiding in early tomorrow morning, so everything had to be set up tonight.

Most of the office workers were setting up their systems so they just had to put on the ear pieces and tell us where to go, most of the guards were fixing and cleaning their guns, and I was doing everything I could to make sure I'd be able to return to my family.

Bryan was going over the plan with me, really just him trying to understand what Jakey would be thinking so I could avoid being shot.

I tried to bring up around ten different ideas, but none of them were solid enough or fool proof enough.

"Hon, can you please suggest something? I still need to make sure any weapons I plan to bring are cleaned and working"

"That's the thing, nothing is going to be completely fool proof, he's stupid but his workers aren't, he's more brawn over brain, but he's working with someone who is the brains" 

"So he's not making any of the plans"

"Yup, but he won't be able to get any assistance without access to a phone or computer, so he may just go to shooting things"

"And in that case its not good for any of us"

"Its because he's new to the whole mafia thing, he's  more likely to make mistakes, but the people who work for him have to be trained"

"No doubt about it, the information we got had three different mafia bosses listed, all of them are neutral to me"

"So we have to be smart so we don't have another enemy"

"Yeah, but I have a feeling it shouldn't be an issue as long as he lives long enough for his partner to collect him and deal with him on their own"

"That means a lot of things could happen"

"I know, but the second this is dealt with, we get to calm down for a while"

"And I can't wait for that, we can finally enjoy a much needed family vacation"

"You know I can't go to the airport and get on a plane, right?"

"I know, I figured we either drive somewhere or get a private jet"

"Oh, I have a private jet, it would just be hard to find somewhere to land without any security"

"Why don't you tell me these things?"

"Because when I got it we had just met, so I guess it passed my mind cause I barely told you anything at the time"

"I'm more surprised we've never talked about assets"

"That is something I'd never think to talk about, we probably should go over that stuff when we have some time"

"Back on task, what do you still need to get done?"

"I need to get my gear and ear piece, I have a set of gear that I only use when we have mafia raids, so I'll bring it home tonight and just put it on when I leave tomorrow morning"

"How do you know your gear will be fine?"

"Already thought of that, I have to clean it anyways to make sure dust won't cause any issues, so a few rounds into a training dummy could easily test that, plus most of the tech I wear goes under my clothes"

"Such as?"

"Earpiece, bullet proof vest, device scramblers, honestly the typical stuff you see in spy movies"

"Who knew the gear would actually be accurate to something"

"Yeah, those movies still suck, most of the gear is used wrong, don't even get me started on mafia movies"

"Trust me, I know, I've watched you, your father, and our oldest criticize those types of movies"

"What, we can all agree on how bad they are compared to what is actually dealt with"

"How many people do you plan to take with you?"

"Around 100, they may have low numbers there, but that doesn't mean anything on their offense, so we need a good amount of people so we can be on offense and defense"

"Good, cause if you come home with a bullet wound, I will be your next worry"

"I don't plan to get shot, I've done that to you enough times"

"Damn right you have, it also doesn't help that you've been shot in bad places those times, but still"

"I was also caught off guard, plus I wasn't wearing my bullet proof vest, I will be this time"

"Doesn't matter, as long as you stay safe, you'll be fine from my wrath"

"Yes, dear, is there anything else I should know before I go to deal with other things?"

"Nope, that's all I have, now go finish getting ready"

I gave him a quick kiss before I went to where I kept my gear, but something told me I was being followed.

When I walked through the main office part, I saw Crystal talking to a few people, but I expected that, I still had her here to make sure nothing was going on in the office.

The closer I got to the room I kept my raid gear in, the stronger the feeling got, but once I got to the room, it went away.

I kept my gear in a secured box in the armory, so only I could get into the box, but the rest of the room was still open to anyone else, so as I was unlocking the box, I took a wild guess as to who was following me because of who walked in.

Crystal walked in behind me, but instead of speaking to me, she just started to check out a few weapons.

"What do you think you're doing?"

"I wanted to use the shooting range a bit before we go home"

"Mind if I join you then?"

"I don't mind, can I ask why though?"

"I need to make sure some of my gear is in good condition for tomorrow"

"Alright, but you don't get to tell me off if I manage something that papa would yell at me for"

"Sounds like a fair deal, you just using a handgun?" 

"Yeah, figured I might as well use something I already know about"

"You have a good way of practicing, had I not had to test my gear, I'd probably be doing the same"

The two of us just went into defense and began to use some of the targets, but something didn't feel right.

Crystal knew how to shoot despite not being allowed to do direct mafia work, so she should've been able to fill up a few magazines before practicing, but once her first one was empty, she went to grab another.

She took a good amount of time before she came back, so I could tell something was up, but I decided to just ignore it for now since I had other things to worry about.

Eventually, we realized how late it was, and with how early I had to be awake, I decided to just go home and get some sleep.