Chapter 58 | Bonding Time

Inpu's POV

The weekend came, and as usual, I went to visit Bryan.

He called me while I was on the train to let me know he was stuck at work for the day, so I was asked to watch the kids for a few hours.

Once I got there, the house was pretty empty, but I ended up using my enhanced sense of smell to be able to tell someone was in the house.

Crystal was in the house, and I could tell she was in the basement, so I went to check on her so I could figure out where the others were.

She seemed distracted, but she normally did when I visited, so I didn't mind.

"Good morning, Crystal, where are your siblings?"

"Artemis is at a friends house since his best friend was able to convince his parents to let him have friends over, Atlas is at basketball practice, and Femi and Lotus are at a coffee shop near Atlas' practice court"

"So its just you and me till someone gets home?"

"Yeah, I hope that isn't going to be an issue"

"It won't, what are you working on?"

"Band stuff, its not anything worth showing yet"

"Mind if I take a look anyways?"

"I guess, I'm going to keep working on this, but you can look"

I took a few minutes to just watch her screen.

She was just writing lyrics for something, but from what I was seeing, it was looking like it would be a good song.

"It looks great, jellybean"

Crystal just took a quick look at me, then back at her work.

"What's wrong, don't know how to take a compliment?"

"Stop being snarky, I can take a compliment, I just didn't realize a mafia leader was capable of them"

"Are...are you salty at me because I'm mafia?"

"No...its just a few of my own issues I have with mafias"

"What happened, I can deal with it"

"Its really nothing, Papa would kill me if I told you"

"If something is wrong and you need me to fix it, I can, what happened?"

"Promise you won't tell Papa?"

"You have my word, please tell me"

"This is the second home we've had since Papa took us and left, we had to leave the first one after a month because a mafia group broke in one night and attacked us"

''I can hear the despair in your voice, what happened that night other then a break in?"

"Artemis was two months away from being born, so when they shot Papa because he was protecting us, he was born early, I still have the 911 call recorded on my phone since the cops used the call as evidence, so I kept the recording after it was all done just in case, I'm honestly surprised we still have the coffee table from after we moved again"

"So Bryan was shot?"

"Yup, the doctors knew he would live, but the fact the EMTs came in to me attempting CPR on Artemis since his heart didn't start, so they didn't think he'd make the night"

"That was clearly wrong, I'm guessing there is some kind of issue he has now?"

"Surprisingly, no, all tests came back negative with the exception of minor sight issues, but with it being normal to canines, they told us not to worry"

"What else should I know?"

"Other than the fact Artemis is incredibly shy since he can't read emotions as well as anyone else, he's fine, we don't really worry about him that much, his teachers don't like how much he fidgets in class, but that's just ADHD"

"Both Bryan and I have it, it makes sense you guys would, is it more fidgeting or low attention span?"

"Fidgeting, we're working on figuring out what to do to fix it before he gets put in the same after school class as me"

"Special class I'm guessing? Bryan never told me you were in one"

"Because its stupid, a good chunk of my friends were in the class for learning issues that they just needed some extra help with, so without doing any research on me, they put me in it because I was friends with them"

"That is dumb, have you ever gotten out of it early or just not gone?"

"When the roof has a hole in it I leave early, otherwise they have teachers come collect us, then they help us if needed, otherwise we get to do whatever"

"Is it where your band came from?"

"...yeah...it sounds dumb, but just because we each have our own things going on, we still get along and understand each other"

"Eh, its pretty understandable, you have your people, that's all you need sometimes"

"I just wish I didn't have to go to that class every day, the teachers in charge are mean to us if we try to ask them for help, and everyone in the class has help outside of school, so they just leave us there to do whatever"

"Want me to deal with it?"

"How would you do that? Its a private school, they don't change anything unless parents give a large donation to the school"

"Lets just say I have my ways, what would you want to have happen if its fixed?"

"The class is gone and they actually get help for those who need it and want it through the school"

"Alright, let me work my magic, and you'll have your answer by the end of the week if you're lucky"

"Don't kill anyone and I won't tell Papa"

"Deal, your other father was going to bring up plans for while he is in Paris for his work trip, you have any ideas on what the plan is?"

"From what I've heard, he's going to drop us off, give you basic rules, then leave from the airport near the apartment, then you're in charge for a majority of things and I watch out for other things"

"That's all you know?"

"Yup, its the first week of summer for us, so usually Papa takes us on a short vacation or he leaves us with grandma while he has work trips, so we don't have anything planned"

"Is there anything you're interested in doing? I heard you had gone to a shooting range a few times, is that something you like doing?"

"I'm fine with shooting, I only really do it to keep up my skills just in case"

"The fact you learned how to shoot a gun wasn't for your own amusement concerns me"

"Why? My father and brother both almost died in the same day because someone got in, why wouldn't that cause me to do something in case it happened again?"

"Because it shouldn't be your job to protect them, that should be my job, but because of one issue that happened, I couldn't be there when you needed me"

"Its not your fault, it was because a few people thought killing the family of a mafia boss would give them a leg up"

"I still feel bad that I couldn't be there, are your siblings going to be home soon?"

"Not until around the time Papa gets home, they usually are out most of the day, why?"

"How about we go out and get groceries, I promised Bryan I'd do it anyways, plus it lets me see what each of you like, and you'd know better than me"

"Alright, you have yourself a deal, let me save my documents first, then we can leave, my car has a few things in the back still, but it shouldn't be that bad"