Chapter 19 | Planning

Inpu's POV

When we walked into the house, I wasn't expecting for my mother to drag Bryan away before we would talk about the party my father planned on having in a few weeks.

I asked my father about why she did it, and he just said it was because of what Bryan's job would be, which I found suspicious because I didn't think Bryan would have a job for an event like this.

We just started planning while we waited for the other 2 to come back.

It was simple planning, like what the theme would be and what types of food we would have.

Once Bryan and my mother left the room they were in, they both joined us at the table.

Bryan was a blushing mess and when he sat next to me, he wasn't even making eye contact with me, which I found suspicious.

My mother whispered something in my father's ear, which made him chuckle, so now I was even more curious as to what my parents had planned.

Magnus clearly knew, and since they were sitting on my other side, they whispered in my ear a bit.

"I'm the one who suggested this idea, I think you'll enjoy it"

"What idea?"

I guess I said that a bit loud because Bryan began to blush more and my parents began to give me a serious look which I couldn't tell if it was good or bad.

"Well, Inpu, this party is one that all of our allies attend, I'm sure you're well aware of that?"

"Yeah, what more do I need other than something to wear?"

"This is the first mafia party I have thrown since I gave you partial control of the mafia, and it is expected that the lovers of the leaders are present"

"Ok, and?"

"Since you are one of the leaders, and most of our allies are under the impression that you at least have a fiancé"

"Ok, so what if I don't live up to expectations with my marital status?"

"We can't have you not live up to expectations, it could make us look bad, so we found a work around"

"A work around?"

"Well, we spoke with Aphrodite earlier today, and she said she'd be ok with Bryan staying here permanently if he so desires, so we figured he could pose as your fiancé for the party"

I just glanced over at Bryan who had his head on the table so he could avoid eye contact.

"Did you agree to this?"

"Technically no, but I wouldn't want you to lose credibility because expectations aren't met, so I'll do it"

"Do you really want to?"

"I don't know, this was just sprung on me, I have no idea what I want to do"

I just gently pat his back while we continued to discuss what needed to be done.

"Anyways, now we have to deal with food choices and outfits"

"Have we even really picked a theme? We didn't really talk on it much"

"I thought we were going with a theme of neutral colors"

"Well, considering everyone coming is mafia, it'll work"

"If you need outfits created, I can design them and send them to a friend and have them made very soon"

"That reminds me, you've mentioned being a fashion designer a few times now, do you plan on going back to work?"