Chapter 93 | Peace At Last

Inpu's POV

I arrived late at night, mostly cause we had to ask the normal questions we asked everyone so we knew Bryan would be safe when he went to ask his own questions to Jakey.

Not knowing what to expect when I got home, I tried to be quiet so I didn't wake anyone up, but I heard a slight hum from the living room.

Bryan was just sitting there hand stitching something and didn't notice I was home.

After I let out a slight laugh at how focused he was, I walked over, placed what he was sewing on the coffee table, and just held him close to me.

"Welcome home, can I help you?"

"Yes, I just need to decompress"

"Any plans on that or do you just need cuddles right now?"

"Just cuddles, I wanted to do more, but I'm exhausted"

"I'm taking a wild guess and saying its from getting grazed by a bullet"

"How did you-?"

"I interrogated the kids when they got home"

"You must be scarier than me, I've tried doing that to them multiple times and have never gotten a thing from any of them"

"On another note, mind if I see the scar?"

"Fine, you'd end up seeing it anyways"

I raised my shirt so Bryan could see and I watched him go from a neutral expression to one of almost shock before I felt him start to heal it.

"How about a bit of a warning next time?"

"Oh, what would you have done, you like the calming feeling of my healing"

"You never know, I could always just pin you down and tame you for a night"

"If you were more awake, I'd test that fate, but you, my love, need rest~"

"Are you sure? We've done it in much worse conditions"

"Remind me then, what was the worst you've been in while preforming?"

"If I tell you, there is a chance we wake up tomorrow still exhausted~"

"Never mind then, I'm guessing you're hungry"

"Yeah, I'm guessing there are leftovers?"

"Yup, I left you a container in the fridge, just throw it in the microwave for like 30 seconds"

I gave him a quick kiss before going to grab and heat up my food.

The entire time I was heating up my food, I heard Bryan humming some kind of tune I hadn't heard since the kids were babies.

There was a type of peace in the house that I hadn't felt in a while, it made me realize I almost forgot about what peace at home felt like.

Once I sat back down next to Bryan so I could enjoy his company while I ate.

Bryan just adjusted so he was snuggled up with me but he could also continue what he was working on.

"So, did you get him?"

"Yup, I made sure he was still alive, but someone shot him and we have nothing on them since they were hiding in the vents to avoid a face to face meeting, but I would like to meet them to thank them"

"And what would you do if I knew who it was?"

"Did you get Magnus to mafia train you? I know I taught you how to use a gun, but it was like one lesson before Crystal was even born"

"No, it wasn't me, but I'd check your oldest and oldest son"

Something in my mind clicked as he said that.

Yes, it was weird that they were nearby from where we did the raid, but I thought nothing of that.

Before I could respond to Bryan, I just went upstairs to where each of the kids rooms were and just peaked into their rooms.

Atlas was just curled up in bed when I checked in on the triplets, are Crystal was just sound asleep with the dogs in her room.

I thought I'd be more mad at them since they disobeyed my orders, but I couldn't be more proud of them.

Before I went back to where Bryan was, I just stepped into Crystal's room and decided to check the safe she kept her gun in, and once I opened it, I noticed a box of ammo missing.

She was smart when it came to hiding this kind of thing, so I knew she wanted me to find this, which just told me she didn't want to hide it from me.

I went back downstairs to where my husband was and just moved him on top of me.

"So, were they awake enough for you to give them a piece of your mind?"

"Nope, both were asleep, so I just checked Crystal's safe before coming back down"

"And what was the result of that?"

"She wanted me to find out, she's missing a box of ammo, she would've replaced if had she wanted me to find out, but that doesn't clear you, how did you know and why didn't you tell me?"

"I may or may not have caught them acting strangely and gave them some pointers so they weren't caught by you, they had a solid plan and I thought you'd benefit by executing it"

"Still, you could've told me"

"And let you ruin their fun? I don't think so~"

"You sure you still don't want to be in the mafia?"

"Pretty damn sure, what are you going to do about it~?"

"How about I punish you when I have more energy? That would be fun for you, wouldn't it?"

"I like the way you think, but we still have some stuff to do first"

"Who says we can't do both?"

"Me, you need to take my feelings into consideration, remember~"

"Can't say its ringing a bell~"

Bryan gave me a surprise kiss to shut me up before he gave me the look he normally gave me before we did anything romantic no matter how little it was.

"You have an idea, don't you~?"

"Well, you did lie to me about staying safe, seems like you should be in trouble~"

"Remember, you're under my control, so what I saw goes~"

"Then if you punish me for wanting to punish you, what exactly do you want to do~?"

"Considering I can't do anything right now, how about just a make out session for now and we do more like we planned once this is completely done"

"You know I won't say no to that"

"Exactly why I suggest it, should we take this to the bathroom?"

"Only if you want to, you know I don't care"

I started to kiss Bryan's neck and lower jaw for a while and before we knew it, it was around two in the morning.

We decided to finally head to bed so we could start getting things fully settled when we woke up.