Chapter 27 | Work Conversations

September 15

Bryan's POV

I went to work fairly early today since I had to help organize the fabrics because a new shipment was arriving soon.

Flix was helping me with it since she worried stress would be bad for me due to the fact neither of us really knew what could be bad for the kid.

We just ended up sorting them by texture and color since that was usually what we went off of when we went to make clothes.

Our conversations were fairly tame since we were talking about projects we had and small things going on outside of work.

As much as I didn't want to tell anyone that I was technically having a baby, Flix and Korina found out since were all working on the same project so they met me in my office early, which ended up having me come in with the orb in my arms and they knew immediately what it was.

"So when your baby is born, what are you planning on getting for her?"

"Her? We don't even know the gender yet, what makes you say girl?"

"Simple, angels are mainly female and I have a good feeling its going to be more angel than jackal"

"Its also Inpu's child, there is a good chance its a boy since his hybrid type might cancel it out"

"I'm still sticking with the thought of it being a girl, now what do you plan to get for her"

"When it comes to custom stuff, I want to make clothes on my own and I plan to order custom furniture that can be used if I have more kids after this one"

"Hey, either way the kid's gonna be loved with everything you got, I know its going to be incredibly lucky since they're going to be with you"

"Yeah, my kid is gonna be pretty damn lucky"

"Kid's also gonna tough as nails just by being raised by Inpu"

"The little pup's gonna be tough, but they'll also have a soft side, if they end up anything like Inpu, they'll have moments they are the most calm person ever"

We finished sorting the fabrics and went back to my office soon after so we could finish our part of our project since Korina finished her part before she had to go home.

Flix was trying to figure out what texture we should use and I was figuring out designs, Korina ended up having the easy part since she just had to pick out the colors we should use.

After a bit, we went back to messing with each other since we had time to mess around due to the fact it was easy to get our work done since we just had to finish what the design needed.

"So how did Inpu convince you to sleep with him?"

"Better question, why do you want to know what we do in private?"

"I'm curious, you said you didn't want to do it one week and the next week, you come into work with an angel orb"

"We came home from a party, I don't think I was in full control of my actions and agreed to it"

"So you got buzzed at a party and agreed to it?"

"I blanked out in the middle of it, but Inpu said I was still responding to him during it and that I likely was in a trance due to his power"

"You were still partially buzzed, trance magic usually just has you blank out and speak your mind without your knowledge, you'd still remember most of what happened"

"Even during a full moon?"

"Yup, you were totally buzzed"

"Your knowledge of hybrids scares me but is also very helpful"