Chapter 4 | New Room

Bryan's POV

Once we got back to Inpu's apartment, he had a few of the maids move some stuff around while others quickly went out to get items from a list he had given them.

I decided it was safer to just go to the room I had been staying in and go to sleep since it was getting very late and I didn't want to get in the way.

No one bothered to come back into the room and put the chains on my wrists so I decided to enjoy it and just sit on the bed and read a book, though I ended up reading longer than I thought I would.

Hours seemed to pass like minutes and I didn't even realize until Inpu came into my room looking for me.

"First I find you waking up early, now you're going to bed late? You feeling ok?"

"Yeah, I just didn't want to get in the way of any of the maids or you, so I just came in here to read and lost track of time"

"Fair enough, well, you're not staying in here tonight, so grab anything that you either claimed or anything my men let you keep when they took you"

I was confused as to why he said that, but I did as I was told and followed him.

My stuff was just in a small box I found in the room, so when we reached another room, he took the box from me, placed it on a small table nearby, and picked me up bridal style.

I freaked a little because I wasn't ready for him to do that, but he placed me down on the bed nearly as fast as he picked me up.

"My room is the one directly across the hall, since you're going to be staying here, I didn't want you to hear something at night and go looking around to get someone. If you need anything, please don't hesitate to ask"

"You didn't need to, I really don't want to be a burden" 

"Don't worry, Angel, you could never be a burden to me"

Inpu then gently kissed my forehead and left the room.

Leaving me to be a blushing mess on the bed.

I decided to leave it alone until the morning so I could ask him more about it then

The Next Morning

When I woke up, I forgot I was in a different room and my mind went completely blank at first.

I decided to look in the closet, since I slept in and I didn't see anything obviously left out for me, so I could wear something decent looking.

Imagine my surprise when I opened the closet and found it full of clothes that not only perfectly fit me, but they had slits in them for my wings, which I was very happy about.

Don't get me wrong, the clothes Inpu lent me worked well, but it was a bit of a pain to cut holes in them for my wings since they were such a strong fabric and the sharpest thing I had was the edge of a toothbrush.

I was almost in shock, I didn't know what I should put on since I saw so many different outfit possibilities.

The only thing that seemed to get me out of my trance was when I heard a knock on the door.

"Come in!"

"Glad to see you're finally awake"

Inpu walked in and quickly noticed I was in the closet trying to get dressed.

"You need me to pick out something for you?"

My face immediately blushed at the thought that Inpu could see me shirtless and I guess he could tell what I was thinking because he let out a soft, genuine laugh.