Chapter 68 | Family Life

Bryan's POV

After the initial shock of finding out I'd be moving in with Inpu in a new house and not the apartment, I quickly began to organize everything once my stuff from the other house arrived.

I had been mostly moving furniture and making phone calls about things that needed to get done with the fact I moved, but I decided to use the down time I actually had to be more of a house husband than I had before when I really couldn't.

The kids had each been hanging out at the beach since they had more room to play over the small beach our other house had, so they were enjoying themselves.

I finished setting up what I could get done alone pretty early in the day, so I figured I'd just start making treats like I used to when the kids were really little.

Eventually, I heard the front door open followed by a very angry Inpu who was talking on the phone.

All I did was watch him while he wouldn't stop yelling at someone on the phone, but as it got angrier, I went back to my baking.

He hung up the phone after about five minutes and wrapped his hands around my waist.

"Hard day at work?"

"I got to kill like five people, so not the worst, I just hate that I keep asking for simple things and they can't get done"

"Alright, you go take a shower and change clothes, I don't want to get blood on me because I have a business dinner tonight and don't want to look like a mess"

"I cleaned up at work, its fine~"

"Inpu, go get changed or I lock you in a closet until I get back from dinner"

"Damn, when did you get commanding, I really like this side of you~"

"When I realized I'd eventually need to attend one or two mafia meetings, then when I had to become the primary care giver to our kids"

"The second one is on you"

"Alright, you try raising five kids for ten years with the only breaks being when they have school on your days off"

"Yeah you're right, I'll shut up, I'll be back"

Inpu left the room and came back after about 15 minutes clearly fresh out of the shower with a t-shirt and sweatpants on.

He just wrapped his hands around my waist again and continued to snuggle up.

Once I finished putting stuff in the oven and set the timers I needed to set, Inpu picked me up and moved me to the couch with him.

"You do know I still need to get ready for my event tonight, right?"

"I do, but can't I enjoy looking at my dear husband for a few minutes"

"Who did what at work?"

"Everyone did something to upset me, I went to deal with a few deals and the first four people started to shoot at me, then when I was in the office working on deals, my lawyer wasn't doing his job right"

"I thought your lawyer was used to this kind of stuff?"

"The last one was, if he didn't try to steal money from me I would've stuck with him, but  I had to kill him, I should've realized to get a better lawyer when my daughter had a better contract idea than him"

"How's he exactly bad? I'm just a bit confused"

"Apparently he's fresh out of school, and because I never dealt with writing my own contracts, I had no idea what needed to be on them, so this guy just keeps looking at me asking about why we make these contracts, and what am I meant to say! The guy isn't doing his job"

"I'm more surprised he's still alive, usually with your short fuse, he'd probably already be gone"

"He's got a week, then I'm looking for those associate with my first lawyer and put in stricter guidelines"

"And you're sure you got all the blood out of your hair?"

He gave me a strict look, clearly mad that I asked again, then he shook his head like a dog and I got a bunch of the water still in his hair on me.

I just looked at him for a bit before laughing at him for doing something I deemed silly.

"You worry about hygiene to much"

"I had to constantly keep my wings clean to avoid infection until my wings got fixed then almost a year later I had to start worrying about caring for a child, so stuff had to stay clean around the house, so don't question my habits"

"You act like I don't do any hard work for our family"

"Well I have done more than you"

"Yeah, not by choice"

"What's Arti's favorite hobby?"

"You bastard"

"Love you too~"

I just laughed as he started to kiss my cheek repeatedly, both of us just enjoying the time together.

After a bit, I realized I had to get ready for my work dinner, so I got up and started to get ready once I told Inpu to wait to take stuff out of the oven.

It took me around an hour to get ready since it was a fancier setting, and once I left the bedroom, all I could smell was steak with bakery items mixed into the smell.

Once I walked past the kitchen, I saw the kids walking in from the back door while Inpu was attempting to make dinner.

I just stood in the door way, not really knowing what to think because Inpu couldn't cook before to my knowledge at least.

Our eyes met as I saw him putting food on plates for the kids, and I watched him just calmly smile at me, something I don't think I've seen since before the triplets were born.

He finished what he was doing before looking over at me and beginning to walk me out.

"So when did you learn how to cook?"

"Not long after you left, I needed something to fill the time, so I started looking up recipes online to fill the void, it didn't help much, but it gave me a new skill at least"

"Well it smells delicious"

"Why does me being able to cook now surprise you?"

"Because I thought you'd just wait a few weeks until you decided to get more servants"

"No, I only plan on leaving them at the apartment for you once it fully becomes your office, then I'll probably have guards to surround the property until where it reaches the beach, I doubt someone will swim onto the property"

"Never say never, I was gone for one month before getting death threats from opposing mafia when I was gone, I just didn't do anything about it until it was to late and Artemis was already born"

"True, I'll see what I can do, but I don't think anyone will try anything as long as I'm here"

"So any other weird hobbies you gained while we were separated?"

"I started boxing a bit more, otherwise I didn't really do anything extra"

"You sure you can handle the kids for a few hours?"

"Sure I can, I managed to do it for a week, a few hours is nothing!"

"You also had them while they were still getting comfortable"

"Wait, what-"

"Don't worry about it, if it becomes to much, each of them can be left alone while you collect your thoughts"

"And what it I can't?"

"You'll figure it out, if I managed to guess my way for ten years, I'm sure you can do it for an hour or two"

He just began to kiss me for a bit before I had to go.

I gave him a slight wave before I got into the car and went to my work dinner.