Chapter 67 | Father's Return

Inpu's POV

It was early in the morning, but I made sure to wake up early enough to not leave Bryan waiting at the airport.

All I was doing while I waited was check in with each of the kids since I was out before they were awake, but once I got the text Bryan had landed, I started to text him where I was.

After about half an hour, he walked over to the car and got in.

"Hey, lovely, how was your trip"

"As fun as a work trip can be"

"You were in Paris, how can that be boring?"

"I was in the city of love without my love, I'm going to be bored"

I gave him a quick kiss before I started to drive out of the parking lot.

It was quiet for a bit because Bryan was adjusting to the time change, but then he spoke up.

"So I'm guessing my stuff isn't at the apartment yet?"

"Nope, I don't expect it to be there"

"Let me guess, it'll be there by tomorrow?"

"Not at all"

"What do you mean, my other place is a three day drive away, it should be there tomorrow if timing is correct"

"Oh, it'll be home, just not the apartment"

"Ok, what does that mean"

"So I didn't want to tell you while you weren't home, but I may have bought a house for our family"

"Inpu-"

"No no, let me finish, I know you said you wanted at least an office to continue your work, so on top of us having a house outside the city, the apartment will be your new place of work"

"You sneaky brat, you did this while I wasn't home so you could do whatever without my objecting"

"I'd be lying if I said no, but I want you to be happy, so I figured us having our own place while turning the apartment into your new office or store would be good"

"The kids are going to have to leave their friends, you know that, right?"

"Already dealing with that, a few bribes made from a mafia boss should do the work"

"What did you do?"

"I own most of the property near our new house, so I figured I'd pay their friends families to move here so their kids get into a better school, and the parents have good job opportunities, and in return our kids get their friends"

"You are fucking nuts"

"But you love me~"

"That I do, but that won't stop me from messing with you on this topic"

"Fair enough, anyways, I was planning on heading over to a few different schools this week to see what would work for the kids, you want to come with me?"

"Well duh, I don't want them to end up in another school where they'll just pick what programs they get put in without consulting me first, that's what made me mad about their old school"

"So why didn't you pull them from their old school?"

"It was a private school known for kids of parents who made a lot of money or kids of the teachers, if I pulled them out and the public got word, all five of them would've been in the news and I really didn't want them in the public eye yet"

"Damn, you being famous is almost as bad as me being a mafia boss"

"Not even close, if me being married to you ever gets out, that'll be public attention I really don't want any of us to have"

"Care to explain what you mean by that?"

"As much as being famous has been good for me, I've seen the bad sides, and one of them is the anger of people because I married the wrong guy"

"So if I publicly said I was married to you, what would likely happen?"

"High chance of tons of people asking me if I was ok, a need for tons of extra security for me and the kids, and a high chance the news would be all over you until you get arrested"

"People suck"

"You're telling me, I just want to live my life but I made enough of a name for myself that I won't be able to get rid of unless I quit my job and even then it'll take a few years"

"Hey, once you get home every day, no matter how hard your day was, just know that I'll be there to support you, even if it has to be over the phone"

Bryan just gave me a sleepy smile before he got comfortable enough to sleep the entire car ride home.

He was still out when we eventually got home, so I told the kids to just run around the beach for the day while I took care of Bryan in his jet lagged state.

I just placed him in our bed while I sat at the desk in the room to get some paperwork done that I should've done last night.

After a few hours, Bryan slowly began to wake up, but he was still very groggy so I just took a break from my work and laid down with him in the bed.

"Did your flight take everything out of you~"

"Stop speaking to me like you spoke to the kids when they were babies"

"I'm sorry, you're just so cute like this and I can't help it"

"You're wearing your suit jacket wrong"

I stood up quickly to take a look because I was confused.

All I did was look in the mirror and notice that he was correct while hearing him tiredly laugh.

"You are just a small ball of giggles today"

"And I'm not even a drink in, this is me completely sober"

"How bad do you get with a few drinks?"

"You've seen me a few drinks in before, I just get calmer, once I hit bottle three or four is when I start to get silly"

"How many drinks in were you the night you were taken and brought to me?"

"Three shots, I wasn't going to risk anything since I was young and my wings didn't work, so I couldn't easily get out if I was put in a different situation that night"

"Hey, I was the best situation you had that night"

"Now that I look back, yeah, in the moment, I was terrified and thought I'd never see my family again"

"Do you want to see the kids before we go out to dinner?"

"Yes, why are you changing the subject?"

"Because Atlas will enter the room soon if we don't get food soon and ask what we plan for dinner"

"Fine, but I'm making you carry me"

"Alright, let's go then"

I just picked up Bryan, who still seemed very sleepy, then went to the beach where I sent the kids so we could hang out a bit before going to dinner.