Chapter 55 | Reconnecting

Inpu's POV

After being in town for a week, I pinpointed where Bryan worked.

I was tempted to follow him home one of the days I saw he was at work, but I already felt bad stalking him as much as I was, so I would only follow for a few streets before going back to the hotel.

Nothing of note ever really happened, I'd watch the triplets take turns dropping off food every now and then, but nothing other than that.

There was always one other car that would park in the parking lot during the day and leave around the same time the people working in the same building would leave, but no one would ever get out of the car.

Like usual, nothing was really going on, until I noticed someone putting nails in a few car tires around the parking lot, seemingly trying to slow someone down.

It was around the same time Bryan was leaving work, so I was more focused on him, but it was clear he saw it too.

I was just doing what I had been the fast few days, but this time something inside told me to follow him for another few blocks.

The sun had set already so it was pretty dark and he was hard for me to see, but it didn't stop me from making sure he was ok.

As I was about to turn around and head back to the hotel since it was only a block away, I heard a small, muffled scream, and when I turned around, I saw someone pulling Bryan into an alley.

Fear and anger started to raise inside me, so I followed to make sure they didn't do anything to him.

"I'm sorry, but I need to leave, I don't have any spare change to give you and I need to make sure my kids are safe at home"

"Oh, don't worry, angel, you're kids will be find once they've returned to your husband"

"Did Inpu send you?"

"Well, no, but we don't like seeing people who run from their mafia of choice, so what do you want your last words to be?"

"What? I was never officially in the mafia, there must be a mistake"

"Oh, you may not have been, but your children were, they're born in, so regardless of what they do, they are part of the mafia"

The man started to back Bryan into a corner and put a gun up to his head, which nearly caused me to rage.

"No last words? And I thought angels were talkative and promiscuous, guess I'm not getting lucky tonight"

"Pick your next words wisely, otherwise one of my bullets goes in your head"

The man turned around upon hearing my voice, and I think once he saw my gun, he started to back down and tried to run.

I put a bullet through his head before he could get away, and just started to walk up to Bryan, who seemed like he was about to burst into tears.

All I could do was hug him, and the second I did, I just felt him melt into my arms, clearly scared and overwhelmed, nearly to the point he wouldn't be able to move on him own.

We just kneeled down to the ground and embraced each other for a few minutes, then I picked him up and brought him to the hotel with me, not knowing what else to do.

It had been raining, so we were both a mess by the time we got to the hotel room, so before we even said anything, I worried about getting him cleaned.

He seemed to panic the second I put him down, but he was at the point he couldn't really move, so he didn't do much, but I could tell something was bothering him once I started to get him cleaned up.

"Please stop squirming, I'm just trying to get you cleaned up so you don't get sick"

"I don't have the time, I have a lot I still need to do"

"If you're concerned about the kids, I'm sure they'll be ok for a bit longer considering they were probably already alone"

"Why did you even bother with coming to find me, all my worth is gone"

"Oh, honey, what would even put that thought in your head?"

"I ran away without any sort of notice or note, I can't have anymore kids, all I am to the mafia is just an extra body, I just haven't been killed yet"

"Did the doctor confirm after the triplets that you couldn't have any more kids, or are we still going off the idea?"

"My biology confirmed it, I really don't want to open that can of worms right now though"

"Alright, let me finish cleaning you up then I'll shower and we can talk after that"

"Ok"

After a bit, I finished cleaning him up and gave him some of my clothes since I failed to bring any of the clothes Bryan left in the apartment.

Once I got showered and dressed, I walked out of the bathroom and just saw him curled up on the bed, texting on his phone and looking out the window.

"Who are you texting?"

"Crystal, I'm letting her know she's in charge tonight along with telling her where all the night stuff is kept because that's usually my job"

"Do you actually want to talk, or do you need something else"

"We can talk, I just won't be as much of an open book as I used to be"

"Hey, I expect nothing less, I know your reasons for leaving could be any number of things, but I physically hurt you, I know you know I didn't mean it, but I'd be cautious too"

"Do you think I left because of that..?"

"Well, yeah, other than that our life was perfect"

"I didn't leave because of that, I knew it was a pure accident because of work"

"Then what did happen"

"I was attacked in our home, if it wasn't for a contributing factor, I may have stayed, but I didn't feel safe staying there, so I left"

"Why didn't you call me to let me know?"

"Because in the back of my mind, I thought if I called you, you'd bring me back, and I didn't want to be somewhere I felt unsafe, that and I just never had the courage to call, I wanted to for so long, I just never could"

I ended up moving him so we were snuggled up and I didn't plan on moving for a bit.

He clearly needed it since I could hear his heart rate go down, which made me happy since it meant he wasn't mad at me.

"Do you want me to walk you home or do you want to stay here for the night?"

"I'll stay for the night, the kids already expect that I'll be home tomorrow"

"Since it's decided you'll be alone with me tonight, wanna have some fun?"

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to"