Chapter 11 | Inpu's Temper

Note because it wasn't that clear from other chapters, Inpu has never had a real wedding, Anubis just made a copy of his signature and would put it on a marriage certificate then have the person move in with him.

Bryan's POV

I didn't remember much of what happened the day before, all I could remember was that I got my wings fixed.

When I woke up, I tried my best to sit up so I could eat, since one of the maids brought my food in so I didn't have to worry that much.

Once I finished eating, I attempted to get up so I could get some of the clothes I had Flix make for me, but as soon as I stood up, the door opened.

Inpu opened the door and spotted me immediately, and just managed to tell me what he was about to say with just his eyes.

"Get back in bed"

"What if I don't want to..?"

"Then I pick you up and bring you back to bed, what do you need?"

"Well, in all honesty I need to walk to rebuild strength, I also need the clothes Flix delivered for me"

"Fine, but if you're going to walk around the apartment, I'm walking with you, also did you think I'd actually let you try to strain yourself this fast"

"No, but it was worth a shot"

After Inpu helped me get changed, I started to move my wings to the best of my ability so I could balance myself, then I did my best to make my way to the living room.

Inpu was keeping a close eye on me while doing some of the paperwork that he probably brought home with him yesterday.

I knew my wings would be wrapped for a bit so I thought it wouldn't hinder my walking ability, but I forgot the damage in my wings was mostly muscle and nerve damage, so getting it fixed would take more of a toll on me since it would be throughout my wings and into my back.

We were talking about a few things, nothing too important, until we heard the door open.

Inpu saw who it was before me, I just glanced at him first and I saw his eyes turn from purple to red, then I glanced over at who walked in.

It was Anubis and a girl who walked in and it made me realize why Inpu got so angry.

They both walked up to us, and before anyone said anything, I quickly grabbed Inpu's hand and used my magic to calm him down.

He quickly glanced at me, and I could feel the girl glare at me.

"Well, this is my son, Inpu, and his roommate, Bryan"

"I thought you said it was just your son that lived here"

"When I told you that, it was, Bryan moved in when he found out he had to have surgery, it was safer for him to move in with someone than live alone"

"So how long will he be staying?"

"Until further notice, we don't fully know how long my recovery will be"

She just gave me a strange look, then went to looking at Inpu.

"It's really nice to meet you"

"Yeah, I guess I can say the same to you"

"Inpu, have you found out anything that makes you calmer"

"Not really, why?"

"When we came in, your eyes were red, then they changed to purple after a small amount of time"

"That was my doing, part of my powers as an angel is calming people down, so I used it when I saw he was getting aggressive"

"Then my thanks goes to you for that, Bryan, usually I need to leave him in another room to calm him down"