Chapter 80 | Hiding The Fact

Crystal's POV (might as well see what the kids deal with)

School was usually rough on me and my siblings, but with recent events, it has felt a whole lot worse.

Our friends knew a bit about what was happening, but none of the mafia details which wasn't easy at all.

Most of my friends had an idea on what was going on, after all, I was doing a lot less band work and starting looking for new places for us to go shooting, so they kept trying to push for details.

Atlas started to go with me since the place we started to go knew dad so they'd let us go shooting whenever we wanted practice.

With everything going on, once I finished my school work, it wasn't uncommon for me to either start banging the drums with the doors closed or for me to take Atlas and we go out for some training.

I was a pretty good shot if I did say so myself, so while my friends and Atlas were hitting every few shots, I was getting them perfect, which they found concerning.

As time began to pass, I continued to just pull the trigger while not paying attention to those around me.

All I could feel was the built up anger I had for what was happening before I felt a hand placed on my shoulder.

When my senses finally caught up with me, I glanced over and say Flyn staring at me with a startled expression.

"Why do each of you look like you've seen a ghost?"

"You've been getting head shots on the exact same target for the past 15 minutes, are you ok?"

"Yeah, Kris, none of us have ever seen you this focused in a long time"

"I'm fine, its just stress"

"Atlas, tell your sister she needs to take a break"

"Crystal, you need to take a break"

"I'll take a break when I'm dead"

"You sound like dad"

"That doesn't sound like Bryan"

"Because I'm talking about our other dad, he's probably the reason she's been taking less time to have fun"

"You guys act like I don't ever have any fun"

"Well you haven't as of recently"

"That, and we have a concert at school next week and I'm going to take a stab and say you haven't been practicing the vocals"

"Why are you guys on my tails tonight? I have a decent idea on what I need to do, I've got time"

"And papa says its time to go home if you're getting this distracted"

"Alright, I guess its time for the two of us to go, see you guys tomorrow"

The two of us left soon after, but it was still too early for dad or papa to be home, so I knew I'd be be in charge of watching the others.

Being completely honest, it was more watching Artemis so nothing would catch fire, but even then, most of the job was helping with homework.

"So how would you give an easy math problem as a word problem?"

"You've been doing it since first grade, how do you not know?"

"I was told we can't make it simple by only having one equation and it has to be big numbers, so what would you put?"

"Well, what items do you want to use?"

"Apples"

"Alright, there isn't enough space to draw it out, so lets just do it on a calculator while we write it out, so while I give you numbers, you write it down and calculate"

"Ok, what number should I use?"

"Lets say 28, 53, and 2"

"Alright, so now I just calculate it how I want and write it down?"

"Exactly"

"Ok, thanks, Crystal!"

"No problem, anything  else you need help with?"

"Not really, but do you know when dad and papa will be home?"

"Dad said he'd be working late tonight and papa has a bunch of things he needs to get done tonight so there is a pretty big chance they won't be home until we're asleep"

"Does dad have to be working tonight?"

"Yup, something about a deal in progress that can't be done any other day"

"Wow, dad's job sucks"

"And yet its a family business that he hopes I take over some day"

"But I thought you wanted to be a musician in a band when you're older?"

"Oh, I do, but right now I'm so focused on other things that may need to be sidelined for a bit"

"Would you at least keep playing music around the house for fun?"

"I think I can do that"

Right as soon as I finished speaking, I heard a crash coming from somewhere else in the house, so I quickly went to investigate where it came from.

Not long after, I found where it came from since Femi and Lotus quickly went to find me since all that happened was a vase fell and shattered.

Femi started to find a plastic vase while Lotus helped me clean up the mess.

"Sorry we broke it, we both just turned from our desks super fast and it fell before we could catch it"

"You're ok, it was an accident, dad and papa would say the exact same thing"

"Assuming they won't be home for dinner again, are you making dinner or are we ordering for delivery?"

"I'm planning on making pasta salad, is that ok or do you want something else?"

"No, that'll be fine, just wasn't sure if we had to pick what we were going to eat or not"

"Welp, I might need help with the actual cooking help if you'd like to help"

Lotus quickly ran to their room to grab their apron before meeting me in the kitchen so we could work on making dinner.

Around an hour later, dinner was done so each of us quickly ate before making sure everything is clean before dad and papa gets home.

The other four went to their rooms to get ready to go to bed since we ate pretty late and had an hour before we liked being in bed while I stayed up a bit longer to put some food away for dad and papa.

Once I finished and got myself ready for bed, I quickly went to check on my siblings before I started to get settled in for the night.

I finished my night tasks quickly then went to bed so I was well rested for the next day.