Chapter 30 | Christmas

December 25th

Bryan's POV

Christmas came quicker than I would have expected.

Izanami and Magnus had come for the day to spend it with me, so I ended up having to hide the orb.

Inpu ended up sending a bunch of gifts for us so I left them under a small tree I set up so it felt a bit more festive.

Helios and Shade were watching me as I was showing Magnus how to make some of the cookies I'd usually make with my family during the holidays.

I was a bit nervous due to the fact Izanami and the angel orb were in the same house, but I left the orb in my room, so there was a smaller chance for her to find it.

Once the cookies were in the oven, Izanami came into the room to see what we were doing.

"Are you both still making cookies?"

"Well, we just put them in the oven so yes and no"

"It was pretty fun making them, thanks for showing me how"

"No problem, it just makes me feel like I'm at home"

"Since you've decided to stay here, has Inpu been treating you any different?"

"A bit, mostly as a pet since that's my official rank for the time being"

"Welp, can't say I didn't expect that, he does seem to be more attached to you than anyone else"

"I know he told his father, but did he tell you we are officially engaged?"

"No, he hasn't, when did that happen?"

"About a week or two before the party before he left, I still have a lot of planning to do for the wedding, but it'll be fun"

"Well, I can't wait to see how it turns out and it'll be fun to eventually have a few little ones running around the place"

Magnus and I both glanced at each other for a minute before looking back at Izanami and just giving a gentle smile.

"You both know something I don't, don't you?"

"Nope, I have any idea what you could be thinking"

"Yeah, Bryan and Inpu have never done anything further than inappropriate comments to each other, at least, that's my knowledge on it"

"Well, Bryan, has Inpu done anything to you?"

"We did sleep together the night before he left once we got home from the party, not fully sure if anything came of it"

"What is the chance an angel can get pregnant?"

"Depends, 75% chance for male angels to have the ability to have kids, if they get pregnant the normal way its 50%, if they have an angel orb, 25% chance, but it has been able to increase depending on how well the two connect"

"So you have a high chance of having it work either way"

"Yeah, so?"

"Be 100% honest, did you, or did you not find an angel orb after he left?"

Magnus and I just went silent, we didn't know how to respond since we didn't expect her to figure it out.

"I did, I swear we didn't plan for it to happen, but now that we both know that it'll happen, we can't wait to have the young one enter the world"

"How long till you get to meet them?"

"There is a month till we figure out the gender, six till they're born, then eight months until Inpu and I get married"

"That's how you've been tracking it?"

"Yeah, its probably not the most efficient, but it works"

Izanami went quiet which started to stress me out since I didn't know how she'd respond.

"Does Anubis know?"

"Not to my knowledge, Inpu said he didn't want to tell him till they started to go home so he wouldn't harass me just for knowledge on what's happening with the baby"

"Why didn't you at least tell me sooner, I would have started to help you sooner"

"Really? I was told you'd be really suspicious on weather it was Inpu's or not"

"Usually I would, but I know for a fact you don't have many relations with other men since most of the mafia team aren't even allowed to speak with you and Magnus said most of your friends are female"

"Well, knowing that you can call out the reasons I would have given that Inpu was the only father, I would appreciate the help, most of the preparations are stressing me out which sucks because I need to stay calm for it to be healthy"

After a few hours had passed, most of the time being spent with Izanami telling me what to expect once the baby was born, then Izanami and Magnus had to leave.

I said bye to them, then went over to the couch next to where I had the tree set up, and decided to call Inpu.

"Hello, love~"

"Hi~ merry Christmas~"

"Did you like what I got you?"

"Yeah, it honestly makes me feel bad that I didn't get you anything"

"Don't feel bad, you don't even know where I am for your safety, don't worry about it, just reward me by planning our wedding and making sure our child is healthy"

"Alright then, by the way, your mother called me out"

"How so..?"

"We were talking about the wedding, she got on the topic of kids, and called me out once Magnus and I tried to think of a way to get out of the conversation"

"Did she take the news well?"

"Considering the fact she realized I'd never cheat on you, and that we had sex the night before you left, she didn't even deny the fact that if I was having a kid, it was yours"

"That's surprising, did she give you any name suggestions?"

"No, but my mom send me a few this morning"

"What did she suggest?"

"She suggested the name Crystal or Chris since Crystal would have been my name if I were a girl, but then I was a boy and she went with Bryan since it was the only name she could think of before she left"

"Its a good name suggestion, I don't see why we can't use it, we can stick with one of those names unless we find names we like more"

"I'm mostly worrying about getting the dogs used to having a baby in the house, I don't want them to hurt them, I don't think they would but you can never be to safe"

"Yeah, my dad had a dog when I was born, my mom can probably help you with that part"

"True, I'd love to talk more, but I still need to walk the dogs and go to sleep, can we talk more tomorrow?"

"Of course we can, I know you probably had a long day despite the fact its a holiday, just text me once you get back with the dogs"

"Alright, love you"

"Love you to"

"Love you more"

"Night, lovely"

"Goodnight"

I hung up the phone and went to finish my chores for the night.

As I was about to fall asleep, I noticed the orb was glowing a bit more, almost like it was agitated about something.

Not being sure what it was, I just started to softly sing to it, which made me even more sleepy than I already was.

After a bit, I noticed the glow had went away, and once it was fully gone for the time being, I went to sleep.