Chapter 47 | Personal Care

Bryan's POV

Once I got better, one of my main focuses was keeping the house clean since Crystal had been trying to play more because she was also feeling better.

The maids would insist they were fine cleaning up after her, but I never wanted her to grow up spoiled rotten, so my main goal was trying to teach her to clean up a bit.

She was still under a year old, so I didn't expect her to fully understand what I was teaching her, but it never hurt to try.

I had a good amount of time to try since I had only been working three or four days a week to try and keep a good work and home balance.

Inpu had a small habit of walking in when I was either playing with Crystal, or when I was having her help me pick up, so whenever he'd see me doing it, he'd pick her up and bring her to another room, which always made me follow in protest.

It never gave me much time to take care of myself that much, but at the end of the day I was ok with just a warm shower to take the edge off.

For whatever reason, Inpu had decided to take both Crystal and I to the office with him without any reason, so I decided to just go along with it.

I always forget how long the car ride is, so I was getting pretty close to dosing off before Inpu spoke up.

"So if I were to send you to have a personal day so you can relax, what would you do?"

"That's a hard one, I don't think I've ever thought about it, why?"

"Well, when is the last time you took a break and did anything for yourself?"

"It was before Crystal was born, I can tell you that"

"Yeah, we're changing that today"

"What do you mean by that?"

"We're not actually going to the office, I've just taken a long circle around town, I wanted to give you a day to relax"

"You don't need to, if you have work you need to get done, you should get it done before worrying about me"

"That's not how I work and you know that, I really only decided to take a drive around because my mom and Magnus got a few things for me and I didn't want you to see"

"So you're being sneaky now"

"When you say it like that you make it sound like I'm going to torture you"

"For all I know you are! You're not telling what your plan is and you know there are times I don't like being surprised"

"Oh come on, you know I won't do anything to purposely hurt you, you just need to take some time to actually relax for once"

"Ok then, smartass, what do you plan to do with the baby, you know she is very shy with the servants, what do you plan for her?"

"My mom and Magnus, they just picked up a few things I ordered before I left, I asked them to come so they can watch her while I have you all to myself"

"Anything else you have planned that you're willing to tell me?"

"Well, part of my plan is to let you have some alone time, so I won't bother you that much if that makes you feel better"

"Now you're just confusing me"

"You'll appreciate me later"

We arrived back home soon after and as soon as we walked in, Izanami greeted us and quickly took Crystal from me before Inpu lead me to another room I had no idea we had.