Chapter 49 | Scars

Inpu's POV

I was never one for scars, which is why I would usually find someone who could cover it up for me, but luck wasn't on my side when I tried to find someone this time.

Bryan had kept me home a few more days than expected since I had some blood coming out from the scar which was another reason I wanted it gone.

As much as I didn't like feeling like I was locked up, Bryan was taking good care of me since he was still panicked about what happened.

My frustration from the scar must have been apparent since Crystal was babbling at me a bit more which she only did when I was upset, but Bryan hadn't really noticed and I liked keeping it that way.

I had been on the phone with a handful of people I've gone to in the past, however most of them wouldn't be able to help me for at least a week, so my frustration just kept growing.

Bryan was in the other room on a work call, so I knew he wasn't paying attention to what I was doing, but the entire time I was on the phone I had Crystal and the dogs just staring at me, confused as to what I was getting angry at.

After a while, I started to lose track of time, but I didn't know how bad I lost track of time until I heard Bryan enter the room.

He just looked at me with calm and confused eyes, so I just put my phone down before he walked up to my side.

"Are you in pain or was that a work call?"

"Neither, I was talking to a few different doctors with healing magic to hopefully get rid of the gun scar"

"May I ask why you want it gone?"

"I used to have scars all over my body when I was younger because my father would take me with him to collect debts, but over time they'd become infected or they'd be in awkward places and it got to the point I just needed them gone"

"So your self conscious about it?"

"Yeah, that's one way to put it"

"Do you want to take a look at the scars from my wing surgery?"

"Sure, may I ask why?"

"You'll see"

I turned Bryan around and moved his wings to a point I'd be able to see the scars, but there weren't any to see.

"Did you get rid of your scars?"

"Yeah, I'm so used to being seen as perfect, so when I was recovering from being kidnapped, I ended up healing the scars so I didn't need to worry about being seen as weak or imperfect"

"You sound petty when you say your reasons like that"

"As if your reasons aren't similar, but they are valid, if you want me to get rid of it for you, I'm more than willing to"

"If you wouldn't mind, I don't want to be much of a bother with this, but I have grown to hate the feeling scars leave"

"Alright then, I need to go out so I can get something that helps it heal correctly, think you'd be able to stay here with Crystal and the dogs for an hour at most?"

"Yeah, I can do that, but please stay safe, I still get stressed when you leave alone"

"I will, I'll be back as soon as possible"

I heard Bryan leave soon after so I decided to move to the living room to wait for him.

He came back about an hour later which was around the time Crystal took a nap, so we put her in her room so she could sleep then we went to the office since we had more bandages there just in case it would take more healing than thought.

"So what exactly did you get?"

"Its an oil that those with healing magics use to make sure their healing magic  is used to the most of its potential, if it hasn't been used before, its likely because the scar wasn't that bad or it was a naturally healing one and they didn't do much"

"If it was the second one, then I'd be really angry with whoever I trusted to do it"

"Well lucky for you your husband knows what he's doing"

"Is there anything you want me to know before you do this?"

"The oil is going to be cold, and there is a chance it doesn't feel the greatest for the first hour after being healed"

"Just get it over with then and I'll punish you later"

"You do so after asking for this and I won't let you have any cuddles for a week"

I just rolled my eyes at Bryan as he began to gently take off the bandages.

He wasn't kidding about the oil being cold since the second it touched my skin, I got small shivers throughout my body, but I tried my best not to say anything since he was just trying to help.

After Bryan gave my scar a quick examination, he began to heal it and it healed up faster than I've ever had a scar heal up.

I'm not gonna lie, it did feel weird to have it healed, but either way I was feeling less anxious about it being there.

"Do you want me to rebandage it just in case or do you think it'll be fine on its own?"

"Wouldn't you know the answer to that? You were the one to heal it"

"Yeah, but I do mine of feeling, I can't feel what you feel"

"It does sting a bit, and its still cold, so if you don't think it needs to be bandaged based on that I'd appreciate it if I at least got a towel to clean it off"

"Well, if it stings I'm going to rebandage it, so it needs to be cleaned off anyways, which is why I grabbed a few towels before we came in"

"Remind me why I don't have you working in the office with me knowing you're this prepared?"

"Because I want nothing to do with the mafia in person, I don't mind making you stuff for events, but I don't want to do any of the actual work that goes into it"

"Fair enough, how long would you want me to be bandaged up?"

"At least over night, if it still stings in the morning the bandages should stay on after getting a bit more healing, otherwise you can take them off and operate as normal"

"Yes, sir"