Chapter 6 | Mafia's Decision

Inpu's POV

My family decided to come over today since I had some meetings to set up along with discussing appointments that needed to be set up.

I wasn't paying much mind since I still had this morning on my mind.

I really don't know what came over me then, it was just like I let my body do whatever, and that's what it chose to do.

Magnus saw Bryan and thought he was an intruder, so they asked me about him, which brought all my thoughts about what happened came back.

"Inpu, are you even paying attention"

"Huh, sorry, dad, I just have a few things on my mind"

"And what kind of thoughts would those be? A mafia boss shouldn't let a little thought draw him away from important conversations"

"It's not important, something small happened this morning and its just stayed on my mind for some reason"

As I said that, my mom perked up, I could tell she wanted to know what happened and I wasn't ready to tell her about what I did this morning.

"Care to explain what happened?"

"I just had an awkward moment with Bryan this morning, nothing more"

"And what happened during this awkward moment"

All I could do was blush, it felt like a weird thing to tell my mother.

"You kissed him, didn't you"

"A bit more than just a kiss, I'd rather just forget about it and go back to what we were talking about before this"

I tried to change the subject, but my father looked at me, then looked at my mother and Magnus and asked them to go get something for us to eat while we talked about what needed to get done.

"Why'd you do it"

"I don't know, it was like I had some kind of feeling pulling me towards him, like I had too"

"You know the agreement"

"What does that have to do with anything?"

"Inpu, do you know what that feeling was?"

"No, can't say I've felt it before"

"Alright, well, that's another thing to deal with another day, Inpu, you probably felt lustful for him"

He said that, I fully realized that he was correct, I knew I never felt any type of lust when my father would pick a spouse for me.

It just made me feel stupid, my father was right, I did know the agreement, I wasn't even thinking that it could hurt me in the long run once he leaves.

But at the same time, it was like there was a feeling in me that just said he wasn't going to be able to leave, I just wasn't sure why.

"The agreement never said how we had to get along, it just said I had to take care of him until either he could care for himself, or his mother would be able to help him"

"I suppose you're correct, but I will need you to either hide your lust or forget any feelings you have, I've found another person for you and I'm hopeful that this time they won't try to steal anything"

I rolled my eyes when I heard that, I'd rather work with just Magnus as my help, but since my father didn't fully run the mafia till he married my mother, he thought I had to do the same.

Only saving grace for me was that I had Magnus working with me so I didn't need to worry about any friends I had when I was younger working with me.

Once my mother and Magnus got back, my father and I pretended that we didn't have that conversation and went back to discussing business.

After a few hours, the rest of my family needed to leave, so I started to walk them out.

I couldn't help but feel like something was wrong, I noticed that none of my servants or guards were around.

Shade was with Bryan so I wasn't worried that he wasn't around since it seemed he picked a new favorite person at home.

I've had him since I moved into my apartment, it just took Bryan this long to meet him since Shade often naps in my office when we get home from work.

As soon as I saw both my parents car and Magnus' car leave, I went back inside and the second the elevator door opened into my home, I heard Bryan scream.

I quickly ran to where I heard him and saw him being towered over by someone in a black cloak.

My magic seemed to react before me and I quickly shot off a shadow ball to disable whoever the attacker was.

A few guards quickly came running and held down the attacker and I immediately demanded to know why they disappeared as I went to pick up Bryan.

"Apologies, boss, we were informed that there was a meeting that we all had to attend and we were told we had to stay in the room until further instruction. We thought nothing of it until we heard Sir Bryan scream"

"Tie him up in my office and find out who he works for, I have my suspicions, but I need to be sure before I make any calls, oh, and once you find out who he works for, kill him and send his body to his boss as a warning"

The guards gave me a slight nod and went to moving the attacker while I brought Bryan to his room.

While he was just in my arms, I took a second to realize how light he was for his height, then continued on my way. (Inpu is 6'6" with his ears pointed up 6'2" when not, and Bryan is 5'8")

I felt really bad for him, I should have had him follow me since he wasn't used to the adrenaline I'd experience when someone would sneak in and try to attack me, and on top of that, he didn't know how to fight.

Once I placed him on his bed, I sat at the desk in his room and started to write down a few things I had to do when it came to making sure Bryan was safe and well cared for.

There was surprisingly a lot I had to work ok like seeing what requirements he had to reach before he could get his wings fixed, making sure he wasn't hurt from the attack, and getting him either trained so he could defend himself or get a guard to follow him when he leaves the apartment and watch his back when he's home.

The first 2 were easy to figure out because he already had a doctors appointment planned and I could check him when he wakes up, but it was going to be the guard that would be the hard part.

I had a list of my guards on my phone so I was looking through them for when he did choose to leave the apartment, but I didn't want him to be uncomfortable when he tries to relax so I was at a bit of a loss.

That was until I noticed Shade was trying to curl up next to Bryan which gave me a good idea.

I've been trying to socialize Shade, but I didn't have a lot of time since he'd mostly be with me at the office as my own personal guard, so I quickly went to check a few things and came up with a plan for the next day.

I was about to just leave, but as I was about to call Shade out of the room, I just took a quick look back before giving him a command.

"Buddy, watch him for the time being"

Shade just looked at me, gave a slight bark, and went back to what he was doing before.

I closed the door and started to walk to my office, it was time to take care of the person who seemed to think breaking into my home was a good idea.