Chapter 83 | Action Plan

Inpu's POV

Most of my men were on edge when I got to my office today with no reason to be.

I had Crystal and Atlas with me because Bryan was taking the other three to work with him, so I felt it was only fair for me to take them with me.

We were each confused by the fact my workers were so on edge, so we decided to take a walk around the office and try and figure out if something was inside.

After about an hour, we searched almost ever room in the building, so I began to think it was something outside, but it didn't fully add up because the people who only worked in office were on edge.

I decided to give it a break and just start my work, but when I entered my office, I found a dark sight.

Once the door opened, I saw three people hanging from the ceiling with a note on the wall in blood that just said three months.

Everything inside me was telling me it was left by Jakey, but I don't know why he'd do this.

"That fucker..." [Inpu]

"Why do this, we have time,  why not just send a letter?" [Atlas]

"Cause Jakey didn't do this, his partner did" [Crystal]

"How do you know he has a partner?" [Inpu]

"Think about it, most of the people who work for him are ex mafia or have mafia training, he's clearly working with another mafia" [Crystal]

"But that also means that he probably has another person helping with planning" [Atlas]

"That does make it harder, this just means that I have to be more strategic" [Inpu]

"You mean we need to be more strategic, right?" [Atlas]

"No, I mean me, I'm not letting you both or your siblings get involved" [Inpu]

"But we can help, we can get into smaller spaces and we're incredibly sneaky" [Crystal]

"Not a chance you guys get to help, this is a job for me and me only, I refuse to let you help purely for your safety" [Inpu]

"What if we find something that can help you? Something that could end this" [Crystal]

"Crystal, my mind is made up, as long as I live you will NOT help with this, so drop it and forget about it, this is my job to do, you can help run the mafia here, but outside jobs are still my thing to deal with" [Inpu]

"But you said we could help with finding out things for this" [Atlas]

"That was before he broke into my office and killed three men, if he is doing these kind of things, I refuse to let my kids risk getting hurt or killed" [Inpu]

They both didn't respond, they clearly understood what I said but still wanted to help me with this.

I was surprised that they didn't try to fight more, but it just meant I had to keep more of an eye on them cause it was a sign to me that they would rebel against me.

Eventually, I decided to just grab the stuff I had to get done for the day and went into one of the meeting rooms so I didn't have to smell blood all day.

The work day was pretty calm otherwise, it was mostly just paperwork and talking with my men about what needed to be done, so I was able to go home early.

When we got home, Bryan, Lotus, Femi, and Artemis were already home with Bryan making dinner.

The kids just went to their rooms so I just went into the kitchen where Bryan was making dinner.

"How was work today?"

"Rough, you?"

"My day was fine, what happened today to cause your day to be rough?"

"Your ex happened, he broke into my office last night and killed three of my men on night watch, he used their blood to remind me how much time I have left"

"That's scary..."

"To make things worse we need to watch the kids closer until its dealt with"

"Why? They were fine to stop last time you showed them something like that"

"Because that was a training dummy we use for that kind of stuff, this time they both saw it and just wanted to help even more"

"They're worried, this is the first time they've had to actually deal with any mafia related and you've let them see what your process is, they don't know what is deemed unsafe yet because they don't know a whole lot yet"

"But what if they get hurt, I'd never be able to forgive myself" 

"I'm not saying you taking them away from the case is a bad thing, I'm just saying you need to figure out another way to deal with it"

"What are we going to do, we still know next to nothing regarding who's helping him and how this is going down, I don't want you to get hurt"

"I promise you I won't, but I do ask that when you get to deal with him in person, you don't kill him"

"Weird request, may I ask why?"

"I was the only person he's ever dated to my knowledge, last time I spoke with him casually, he said he had a roommate who was really nice, we only talked once after the second time we broke up, he said he had some feelings for his roommate, so I thought nothing of it"

"So you think he should have a second chance as long as he stops bugging us"

"Yeah, he doesn't deserve to have his life ended cause the only person who would actually listen to him moved on"

"You have such a good heart"

"I guess that's what I get for not being part of the mafia"

"And its also why my men may know you, but you will never be deemed as a second in command"

"That and the fact I told you I wouldn't marry you if you said anything like that to them, now help me make dinner"

"You have a point, what are you making for dinner?"

"Pasta, I'm not in the mood to make anything hard"

"Then what do you need help with?"

"You get to help with the sauce since you are picky about it"

"Alright, alright, how long do I have?"

"Just get it done now, that way its out with the rest of dinner"

I just did as I was told and started to help out.

I always tried to keep a brave face for my kids, to them I was unable to be beaten, but Bryan knew how worried I actually was cause I wasn't sure what to actually do.