Chapter 17 | Rescue Mission

Inpu's POV

We had been driving for a good while and finally made it to where River usually kept his prisoners.

There was already an ambulance outside that would transport him to a hospital just barley in my city, so I didn't need to worry about any of the hospital staff doing anything.

The second I parked, I ran to the door and broke it so we could get in.

It didn't take us long to find River, he was probably planning for us to come.

"You're later than expected"

"I should have known you would have seen this coming"

River soon started to monologue, so I decided to take the time to get the scents in the area.

Bryan's scent was a unique one, one you could find easily no matter what was around, so once I started looking for it, I found it almost immediately.

My men began to raise their guns the second they could tell what I was doing.

One of them shot at the wall to let out a warning shot which got River's attention, so once he started to try and attack me, I knocked him down and held him down while my men could get a grip on him.

"I'll only ask this one time, where is my boyfriend?"

"Why would I tell you? All I plan to do is make him think you aren't coming for him so I can use him however I want"

I shot his leg as a warning, and it seemed to work a bit since he screamed then went to talking.

"Alright, alright, he's in a cell on the top floor, I figured if anywhere would be a good place to keep him in isolation, it would be there"

"Men, find somewhere to keep him so once we leave, the police can find him and take him to jail"

They all nodded so most of them held them down and the extra 3 had guns pointed to his head so he didn't try anything.

I just started to follow my nose, I knew River was lying, but I figured I'd give him a chance to tell the truth and get out of jail since I knew he wouldn't stay long enough to get his actual sentence.

Once I got to the stairs, I knew something was off, there was no way it would be this easy, so either there would be some kind of trap for me, or something was terribly wrong with Bryan.

A handful of servants were around, and none of them would help me or even really look at me.

River was usually cruel to his staff, it was how he could control them easily, but it was another large difference between us.

After a long time of searching, I heard what sounded like wings moving, but it was like they were restricted and couldn't move much.

I walked over to where the sound was coming from, and that's where I found Bryan.

He was clearly weakened, injured, and upset, I quickly opened the door and ran to him.

We didn't even need to speak, I could tell he was in pain so I just went over to him and gently picked him up.

"I'm sorry I let myself get taken"

"Bryan, don't blame yourself, it was out of your control, let's just get you to the ambulance so you can get checked out"

"Ambulance? I thought you didn't trust hospitals since you became mafia"

"I don't, but I spent tons making sure you got a private room and staff that won't try anything, so they better be ok with me being there with you"