Chapter 32 | Convincing

February 15th

Inpu's POV (That's right, y'all getting Inpu time)

I had been incredibly busy the entire day since I spent valentines day on the phone with Bryan since I felt wired not doing that.

Although I promised Bryan I'd tell my father about the orb, I hadn't told him yet, I was just making sure we were going fairly fast.

My father had been bugging me most of the day since I had been trying to mostly finish up planning so we could execute the plan the next morning.

He was mostly asking about what was going on with Bryan since my mother mentioned something was up with him, but didn't say what.

It was getting a bit annoying, and I was really only ignoring him since I was trying to get my work done, but it seemed to annoy him more than he was ignoring me which I found a tad enjoyable.

I was about to finish my work so I could call Bryan for the night, but my father held me down to the desk until I talked to him.

"DAD, LET ME GO!"

"Not until you tell me what I asked you"

Being completely honest, it had been years since the last time my father had actually used physical torment on me to get me to tell him stuff, that I'd forget he'd use it.

He just had my head forced onto the desk and no matter how much I moved, I couldn't get out of his grip.

"Let go of me! If I'm not telling you something, its likely because I don't want to, I'm not a kid, I'm allowed to have my secrets"

"You know, it'd just be easier for you to tell me, you're a mafia leader, you're not meant to have many secrets when it comes to family"

"I'm an adult, my private life should be non of your concern, my husband should also not be any of your concern at the moment"

He wasn't backing up so I ended up kicking his leg near his knee so I could get out of his grip.

I got out of his grip and started to walk over to my temporary room, but my father ended up following me.

"If you don't tell me what's up with your fiancée, I will make sure you spend more time on this mission then I know you're willing to spend"

My phone buzzed and from the tone, I could tell it was Bryan who texted me.

I continued to argue with my father while he went to grab my phone since he knew the text tone I had for Bryan.

He took a look at my phone, clearly went into processing for a few minutes, then looked at me confused.

"I'm giving you one chance to tell me, what did Bryan mean when he said he'd give you an update on her when you call?"

"I...I-"

"Inpu, tell me now"

"The day we left, Bryan found an angel orb so he's been caring for what will eventually be our child, we found out last month that she'd be a girl, so when Bryan says he's talking about "her" he's talking about our daughter"

"How long have you known?"

"About a month after we left was when he told me, he gives me an update on how she's doing every few days since she doesn't change that much for another two months"

"You are to fill me in with any details how the angel orb works and give me any major updates when you find out"

"That's where I won't comply, Bryan and I are the only ones who will know the big updates until either a few days have passed or until she's born"