Chapter 33 | Decorating

March 24

Bryan's POV

As much as I was ready to have a child in the house, it was the preparations for said child that I didn't think would be hard.

I had Magnus over since I had everything arrive for the nursery, but I didn't set anything up yet since I needed an extra hand.

They were working on setting up a few book shelves while I was trying to figure out how to set up the crib.

The dresser had been set up a few days earlier so I had the orb sitting in a few blankets on it so I could see it but I also knew it wouldn't roll off the side.

It kept glowing at random points so I kept having to check on it, but it seemed to mostly just need physical touch to know I was there.

"Are you going to explain why it keeps glowing or are you keeping me in the dark for a reason?"

"She just needs physical touch, the last few months of an angel orbs development is mostly so the kid can recognize at least one parent once they are born, that's why I'm the only one allowed to touch it"

"And I thought you were just being protective"

"I'd be lying if I said that was false"

"Hey, no shame, if my brother were here he'd probably be extra protective of both of you since your health is also an important factor"

"Yeah, I can't wait for him to get home, because then my family will be complete"

"Once he does come home, you're lucky you're getting married soon after, otherwise he'd probably keep you as close as possible so you can't be apart from him"

"Its going to happen either way, I just get an extra day or two because of the wedding"

"I still can't wait to see the wedding, I know Inpu said you were good at planning, but I know you'll exceed expectations"

"Why has everyone said that too me?"

"Because of how impressed we were with out outfits for the party, so we know that the wedding will also exceed expectations since we really don't know what to expect"

"And I thought it was just because I'm getting married to Inpu"

"Nah, Inpu is the first one in our family to have an actual wedding since my parents just signed papers and Inpu was going to be the same up until he chose you"

"Is it really that hard to find someone on your own and have a decent celebration in the mafia?"

"Yeah, that's why I'm glad Inpu is taking over once the wedding happens, I don't need to see another bitch in the house only for him to have to dispose of them because they did something bad"

"Another reason I'm glad I'm marrying in and wasn't born into the mafia"

Magnus kept talking about some of the downsides of being in the mafia while I continued to put things together.

It was going well, but as I was finishing up some of the last things we had to put together before we moved stuff around, I started to feel light headed so I sat on the floor and leaned next to the dresser for support.

"You ok?"

"I don't know, can you please get me some water? I'm feeling light headed"

"I'll send one of the maids to bring it over, any idea why you feel light headed?"

"No, best guess, its because I've been working all day on this without a break, but that shouldn't be much of an issue because I've done more stuff without a break and haven't had this happen before"