Chapter 38 | Returning Home

August 20

Inpu's POV

After a long year of not seeing my fiancée, I was finally going home to him and my daughter.

The plane ride was long and had a few delays due to errors on the airports part despite the fact I took a private jet home.

I slept on the plane so when I got home at five in the morning, I wasn't exhausted and I could take a little pressure off Bryan by watching Crystal while he woke got some much needed sleep.

Once I walked in the apartment, I was greeted by the early morning staff who were working on cleaning from the night before.

"Good morning, Sir Inpu, I see you have returned early, would you like us to make you breakfast or are you headed to bed"

"Morning, assuming my daughter will be waking up soon, I'll be staying up with her, so I would like you to make breakfast"

"Yes, sir, she does wake up around this time, I would suggest you be careful entering the room, she does wake easily"

I just nodded and started to walk over to my room so I could check if Bryan was asleep since I wasn't fully sure.

As I walked into the room, I saw Bryan out cold on the bed, clearly enjoying the sleep he was getting, so I just walked over and kissed him on the cheek as to not wake him.

Crystal started to cry and I noticed Bryan was starting to wake up, so I walked over to the crib and just picked her up.

She stopped crying after I picked her up and she seemed to understand who I was because she seemed to be trying to hug me like Bryan had said she would only do to him.

I left the room with her since I didn't want her to wake up Bryan since he clearly needed the sleep.

The maids had finished making my breakfast when I walked over to the dinning room and one of them placed my stuff down in front of my seat while I move Crystal's highchair next to mine so she didn't hurt herself with anything.

"Sir, would you also like me to get Crystal a bottle so she can also eat?"

"Yes, the last thing I need right now is her waking up Bryan because she gets hungry"

The maid quickly ran out of the room and came back with a bottle for her and just left it next to my plate so I could be the one to take care of her.

Once I finished eating, I fed Crystal who ate fairly quickly, and I took her with me to my office so I could do a few checks and sent out some emails to inform the rest of my mafia that I was back.

I ended up loosing track of what was going on outside the office since I was focused on my work and when I looked over to Crystal, she was on her playmat just trying to grip the plush stars that hung from it.

The office door opened after a bit and Bryan walked in, clearly not noticing me as he just focused on Crystal once he saw her.

He started to walk inside and after a bit, our eyes met.

We didn't exchange any words since he seemed to be very sleepy, so he just walked over to me and just sat in my lap while I held him.

"Did you miss me?"

"Yes, it felt like forever since I've seen you"

"I know, but I'm here now"

"I also can tell that you've been spending some time with Crystal"

"Yeah, I figured I'd let you sleep since I know you haven't slept that much recently"

"Well, I deeply appreciate it"

I wrapped my arms around his waist and started to kiss him when we heard a tiny sound coming from next to us.

"Someone doesn't like her fathers making out"

"That's going to take some time to get used to, I'm so used to only the dogs being in the room when we make out"

"Yeah, but eventually it'll get to the point we can leave her in another room while we have some alone time"

"Once she gets to that point you're all mine for at least a night"

"When it does happen, I'll enjoy every second of it"

"I'll make sure of that"

Crystal started to babble a bit, so Bryan got up, picked her up, and went back to sitting on my lap.

"You know, had you told me three years ago that this is how my own family would have started, I wouldn't have believed you"

"Had you told me three years ago that the love of my life would be a mafia boss I would have called you crazy and walked away"

"But you wouldn't have it any other way"

"You're right, but still, I would have never thought this would be my life"

"And there is only one day till we get married, then you get to be with me forever"

"Doesn't that also mean that I get to control the mafia if I'm in a dire situation"

"That you do, my love, but you'd only need to be in control if I weren't there and a mafia fight starts"

"I'm glad its only in those situations, I really wouldn't want to leave my job just to run the mafia with you"

"I know you wouldn't, that's why I wouldn't make you, I want you to be happy, not trapped"

Crystal began to grab at Bryan, so he moved her to a better position so he was holding her a bit closer, but I was still able to hold both of them with how they were each seated.

"No matter how life decides to be for us, I know she will be perfect in whatever she decides to do in life"

"I have a feeling she'll take your spot"

"What makes you say that?"

"Simple, your father forced it on you so you tend to be a bit more closed when it comes to what else you could do for work, we both have said we want her choices to be open, so there is a good chance she would pick to follow what you do as a strong leader"

"She better be strong as nails if she picks to become the next mafia leader"

"I know she will"

"On another note, what's the plan for tonight?"

"Well, Flix said I could stay with her tonight, so I figured I stay at her place tonight with Crystal"

"That'll work, will be you fine with one extra night without me?"

"I'll be fine, will you be ok?"

"I may be a bit spicy to you tomorrow in private, but otherwise I should be fine"

"Fine by me, only issue is what we do with Crystal for that little bit of time"

"Simple, we already planned to have Magnus hold her during the ceremony since we can't hold her but we want her up with us, so we just have Magnus hold her for a bit longer so we get some privacy"

"I love the way you think"

The rest of the day went about how we expected.

Around dinner was when we started to get ready to say "bye" for the night.

Once eight o'clock hit, Flix came by to get Bryan, so we gave each other our final look as boyfriends, knowing full well the next time we see each other is when we get married.

I quickly got ready for bed to make time go even a bit faster, just so I could wake up the next morning and get married for the final time.